Recent Purchases. . .

CBM

you can setup your turntable a number of ways.

"traditional" - the way you have them setup. the normal setup for people that play records and beatmatch.

Honestly this set up is just silly. If you're DJing in a dark booth (which tends to be 99.9% of the time) and you're drunk or high (which tends to be 99.9% of the time) you want to limit the risk of hitting that fuckin needle. By turning it upright you reduce this risk. Even the 'L' style has risk.

AND NOTHING is more retarded than a DJ who drunkenly skips a record. HA.

Yeah the reason kids started turnign their 1200s the rightway up was to scratch without the arm getting in the way BUT even if you're beatmixing and just sliding that x-fader over from one side to other you still want that arm outta the way.

So you just got the set up and you're learning the crab n' flare... start with the basics before you get into the complex scratches! Learn to sratch in TIME with a battle record. How many times do you see 'scratch DJ's that just make noise rather than music?? ANd which one do you prefer...

FUCK i need sleep.

Honestly this set up is just silly. If you're DJing in a dark booth (which tends to be 99.9% of the time) and you're drunk or high (which tends to be 99.9% of the time) you want to limit the risk of hitting that fuckin needle. By turning it upright you reduce this risk. Even the 'L' style has risk.

Yeah the reason kids started turnign their 1200s the rightway up was to scratch without the arm getting in the way BUT even if you're beatmixing and just sliding that x-fader over from one side to other you still want that arm outta the way.

So you just got the set up and you're learning the crab n' flare... start with the basics before you get into the complex scratches! Learn to sratch in TIME with a battle record. How many times do you see 'scratch DJ's that just make noise rather than music?? ANd which one do you prefer...

FUCK i need sleep.

I find it way more awkward with them vertical, as I don't like stretching over the turntable - I'm more likely to accidentally hit the arm or have a stray shirt end touch the record or something. Plus unless you play hip hop nights, most places are gonna be set up traditionally and could be tricky to move stuff about when you turn up.

FUCK i need sleep.

the "traditional" way is used by most dj's that primarily beatmach (house, techno, trance, electro, etc) because of the location of the pitch. if you have your tt's turned with pitch on top it's harder to manipulate it. every party i've ever played with "big name" dj's they refuse to play until you turn the tables the "traditional" way.

i realize the L shape is riskier, but as I said earlier, i scratch with my left hand, and do not juggle beats, so there is no need to turn the right table up. plus, i have limited space as you can see. plus, this is in my house. i don't give a shit if i "skip" a record. when i play out, personally i can play any way. i've been doing this shit for 12 years now.

i do agree with you about scratch dj's making noise as oppose to music. i prefer music, a la beat junkies.

i guess we should move this to the dj thread

yeah, that's what i told him over in the dj thread. this is a huge huge mistake that a bunch of people that start learning scratching make all the time.

yeah. sizing is fucked the loast few seasons. just got a sweater by mail that's like an upper-body nut hugger.

uhm past few seasons are not so bad. this shirt is from spring/summer 1998 (i think so due to the plain black raf simons label) and it is nicely snug for a 48 but thats maybe because of the cotton shrinking/expanding.

funkdoobi bought the same shirt as me!

img1996pz8.jpg

All from Uniqlo: t-shirt, cardigan, blazer, jeans, shorts, button-up

img1998pj8.jpg

Dark Magic is mine, 888 was robocopped for my roommate. (Thanks Kiya and Steve for recommending I email Pat, thanks Pat for the yoyos.)

img2002wr9.jpg

Loden Dager shirt, Opening Ceremony shoes.

^^^ How can you tell they look amazing? Is it because of the selvage, the weak color or the ugly whiskers?

hey- I like the pickups. Nothing spectacular or anything but solid spring basics. Must have proxied like a motherfucker for all the uniqlo. Where did you even pick up loden dager stuff? I never see it online.