Recent Purchases. . .

CBM

hahaha, would rep but can't.

but jacket may work if very nicely tailored, paired with raw indigo denim and nice brown shoes..... or some dockers

yall are lame. The jacket is gangsta.

wii

ndg deconstructed deck hoody

ndg deconstructed shirt

ndg m-65

Great pickups. The almost $2000 hit to the ol' bank account had to be rough, but all those items look great. Wiis are a ton of fun and i absolutely love that deconstructed ndg hoodie and their m65 is fucking classic.

the raf blazer is great, i figure i'm going to keep it- for sixty bucks, who wouldnt?

the shoulder needs to be nipped a tiny bit, sleeves shortened. otherwise, it is perfect.

3-button, all covered by a placket, notched lapel, short length- i plan on wearing it

more like a fall jacket, the placket especially makes it look less formal than a usual blazer.

big question is, even though the buttons are covered, do i still have to adhere to the usual rules about buttoning a suit jacket?

i think the standard rules probably apply, based on the idea that the bottom button being left undone is more for the way the jacket falls than about some other arbitrary factor (although I guess the way a jacket falls is arbitrary too...)

Any ideas how to best complement this jacket?

xdjmssar9.th.jpg

be a hundred

the raf blazer is great, i figure i'm going to keep it- for sixty bucks, who wouldnt?

the shoulder needs to be nipped a tiny bit, sleeves shortened. otherwise, it is perfect.

3-button, all covered by a placket, notched lapel, short length- i plan on wearing it

more like a fall jacket, the placket especially makes it look less formal than a usual blazer.

big question is, even though the buttons are covered, do i still have to adhere to the usual rules about buttoning a suit jacket?

from what i gathered through that blazer thread I made a few days ago, if the shoulders dont fit just right, youre outta luck

or in your case, up a few hundred bucks

i think the standard rules probably apply, based on the idea that the bottom button being left undone is more for the way the jacket falls than about some other arbitrary factor (although I guess the way a jacket falls is arbitrary too...)

depends on how jacket was cut...my recommendation is to try out the various methods and decide which works the best.