Recent Purchases. . .

CBM

well, i dont really care about their quality, i think some of the stuff they put out is quite nice, and in europe (read denmark), A&F is actually quite a brand... i knew i was gonna be gunned down by this one, but nevertheless...

and the girl-staff in the A&F stores are H O N E Y S... damn...

Yeah, not to derail this thread, but there really isn't need for a separate A&F thread. But the owner of the company Mike Jeffries is a real freak of nature. There is all of this corporate protocol, including the loud music, spraying all of their clothes with their fragrances, never discounting their clothes, etc...

I mean, just look at the guy:

story.jpg

that guy is like a crazy genius mad scientist.

but really, he is a good ceo.

Yeah, not to derail this thread, but there really isn't need for a separate A&F thread. But the owner of the company Mike Jeffries is a real freak of nature. There is all of this corporate protocol, including the loud music, spraying all of their clothes with their fragrances, never discounting their clothes, etc...

I mean, just look at the guy:

story.jpg

gary busey?

well, i dont really care about their quality, i think some of the stuff they put out is quite nice, and in europe (read denmark), A&F is actually quite a brand... i knew i was gonna be gunned down by this one, but nevertheless...

and the girl-staff in the A&F stores are H O N E Y S... damn...

it was the same way in japan a few years back

jumped on the 100% cotton thread band wagon, and bought some skulls tonight 5007's.

too damn lazy to find my digicam and the batteries are probably out anyway. You all know what they look like anyways.

I bought some Red Wing brand Mink Oil wax which I apply every few weeks (depending on how much I wear them). But yeah, it wouldn't hurt you to put some on immediately since this particular model isn't really treated yet and a thin coating will help prevent minor water damage, etc.

Not all Red Wings have as odd sizing as this particular model. I wear an 11 in Nike, etc. and the 10.5 875s fit me well enough. In the 1908s, however (as Edmond pictured), I originally ordered a 10 from Cultizm and was swimming in them so much that an insole wouldn't have helped at all. Depends on what you are referencing your shoe size to; I wear a 10-10.5 in many dress shoes, but an 11 in tennis shoes, so I can't tell you to size down 1.5 sizes as a steadfast rule. Definitely go down one size though (in the 1908s that is) from your tennis shoe size.

hey thanks man!

PICT0358.jpg

so, this is how my states trip turned out purchase-wise..

A & F Trackpants

A& F t-shirt x 4

A & F shirt

Random university t-shirts (Yale and Army??)

Flat Head shortsleeve shirt

Tripleworks jacket

Banana Republic cardi

furthermore i got a new iPod, car iPod adapter, Eagles jersey, Harry Potter book (i love Harry), Pebble Beach golf towel and burts beeswax lip balm (the bomb)

dang, your wardrobe just got a big-time downgrade... A&F logo t's, wow.

i guess you can always say your are european so you didnt know any better...

denim jacket looks promising though.

just wondering s3lam, what is it that appeals to you about the cdg x speedo shirt. i'm always interested in hearing opinions about collabo t-shirts from people who actually buy them.

just wondering s3lam, what is it that appeals to you about the cdg x speedo shirt. i'm always interested in hearing opinions about collabo t-shirts from people who actually buy them.

No appeal really westside. For me I am a really big fan of white tee's. My closet must have at least 15 white t-shirts (most of them plain white and some with prints) and at 50% off I couldn't resist. I don't think i would consider buying it at full price though. It was kinda an impulse purchase.

They're canvas, and given their condition, and the way they're made (who's ever heard of canvas uppers being fully welted to a leather soft sole?) and the feel and condition of the soles I'd definitely say they're more than half a century old. But then again, I could be completely wrong ;)

I was in a vintage store a few months ago and they had a few pairs of boots like yours but in leather. I have been searching for a pair in my size ever since. Anyway, the owners didn't know much about them other than they were made in the 1920's and 1930's and were the standard "high top" shoe of the time. These are an amazing pick up.

I don't think those are that old because the canvas would have probably started

to rot at the seams by now. Unless they look like they were not worn that much and storred well. Either way they are bad ass!

Any idea who they were made by?

I wish I had the faintest idea! Apparently the ebay seller said she found them untouched sitting in her Great-Grandmother's attic, which must say something about the age? I'll have to take more photos because we need to get to the bottom of this!