Recent Purchases. . .

CBM

Project jacket. It's a Pointer Brand rigid denim chore coat. I sized down from my normal size of 38 to a 36 and it fits great. The plan is to do a cold soak and then mix up a wax/oil solution and make it a waxed denim jacket. I've had a request to document the process so I'll take a bunch of pictures. I'm giddy right now that a $28 jacket is so nice.

100_2645.jpg

Ten-80 shorts

2 Futura shirts

oh damn i love the white one...also thai designer?

[sarcasm]i'd also like to know who designs those shirts

Is futura a store?[/sarcasm]

you know... I bought a waxed jacket from yoox one time and man... it got oil stains on the box! Is it worth it to have a waterproof jacket if it's all oily and stuff? I'm scared to wear this against my skin (inside isn't as bad as out but still oily) but I'm also scared to wear any good shirts I have with it.

Remind us why you want a waxed denim jacket again?

Project jacket. It's a Pointer Brand rigid denim chore coat. I sized down from my normal size of 38 to a 36 and it fits great. The plan is to do a cold soak and then mix up a wax/oil solution and make it a waxed denim jacket. I've had a request to document the process so I'll take a bunch of pictures. I'm giddy right now that a $28 jacket is so nice.

100_2645.jpg

Remind us why you want a waxed denim jacket again?

Entertainment?

Just a project, something to try. I won't be wearing it over anything I can't get a bit oily for a while and if I find that I just can't handle it then into the washing machine it goes and off comes the oil, no big deal.

Waxed fabrics move different and crease different and age different. I was curious as to how waxed denim behaves as you very seldom see it and I've never seen any that has a couple of years of wear on it. I did a cold soak today and I'm wearing it damp with no shirt on right now to let it dry with my creases on it. Just in case you're wondering, it's very uncomfortable. I'm hoping to get the stuff together this weekend and wax it and then I have 3 or 4 months until it will be cold enough to wear with any regularity. I'm hoping that given some time and some light wear I can get it to stop leaking oil and have it be wearable. My Filson gear feels oily but it doesn't come off on anything, so we'll see how it goes.

Guest Montreal

From the last month..

Hundreds Paisley M (red)

Hundreds Paisley M (purple)

Stussy Authentic All-Over M

Alife x Raekwon L (for sale)

APC Rescue (31x35.. for sale)

Nudie Straight Sven Flame Selvage (32x32)

Puma x Evisu Regular Cut Worn-Out (34x32.. for sale)

Not pictured: Vans x W)taps slip-ons, MHI x NWA t-shirt

DSC04026.jpg

causewaybay.jpg

yamane union special t

yamane lot 1926S selvedge denim shorts with hidden rivets

the Yamane store in causeway bay is amazing, the japanese denim jeans retail for $2000 HK but the chinese made jeans were $680 HK and my shorts were $580 HK, tg's jeans LOT 1985 are selvedge with hidden rivets chain stitch hems and a 16.5 cm opening so very nice.