Recent Purchases. . .

CBM

$300 isn't a "bit more" :o

who knows though, maybe I'll have more cash when I'm ready to buy some new phonez

HD 650, for 349

I've never looked but can you actually get the 595 for 50 bucks?

www.headphone.com:

"Regular Price: $499.99

Our Price: $349.99

To use your coupon, add the Sennheiser HD 650 to your shopping cart. Then enter the coupon code "HD650" in the area for discount and promotional codes to receive your discount.

If you have any questions or would prefer to order this product over the phone, give our sales staff a call at 1-800-828-8184."

Please just spend a bit more for the 650, you'll never regret it.

the 650 is a completely different headphone, aimed at a completely different market.

your suggestion doesn't make much sense.

you can't just plug in a 650 into any source and expect it to sound good, whereas the 280 is extremely easy to drive. aside from that, comparing open air to closed cans is apples and oranges.

You can find em cheaper in the FSale section of Head-fi.org

^ Obviously, but if you want a bright headphone with sibilance issues, at low impedence, and want to spend more than 150... I don't really know what to tell you. and the 595 he was looking at is open.'

EDIT: I guess I should mention to the guy I recommended the 650's to, if you're balking at spending a little more on the 650's, then you'd probably not like the money you'd end up investing on an amp to get the most out of them.

You can find em cheaper in the FSale section of Head-fi.org

^ Obviously, but if you want a bright headphone with sibilance issues, at low impedence, and want to spend more than 150... I don't really know what to tell you. and the 595 he was looking at is open.

so you read a few threads on head-fi and now you're a headphone expert? :rolleyes:

the hd280 is a well rounded headphone for the $80 pricetag.

and i'm not sure which headphone you're talking about in the rest of that gibberish; sounds like you just chopped up someone's post and copy and pasted random portions of it.

the hd280 is not an overly bright headphone with sq issues, nor is it $150. the 650 doesn't quite fit that criteria either, nor is it low impedence...

so, when you reply to my post comparing 280s and 650s, i am to automatically assume you're talking about 595s?

either way, your suggestion is silly. he's going to take home a pair of 650s and realize they sound like crap because he has no amp to drive them.

if he wants a streamlined upgrade from his hd280s, i'd go with the AT-a900

so, when you reply to my post comparing 280s and 650s, i am to automatically assume you're talking about 595s?

either way, your suggestion is silly. he's going to take home a pair of 650s and realize they sound like crap because he has no amp to drive them.

if he wants a streamlined upgrade from his hd280s, i'd go with the AT-a900

I do have an amp though

pa2_1.jpg

http://www.electric-avenues.com/amplifiers.html

^^ No, but they grado will definately sound better out of amps. But it's not as noticable since they are low impedence.

^ The 650's are some of the best scaling headphones on the market. You can go to extremely high end amps and still see improvements.

You guys should just browse a bit on head-fi. It has some good information. But don't just follow blindly without listening yourself. Having phones for e-peen is one thing, but a waste of money if you're not listening for the difference good phones show. (Especially when you're playing 128kb/s mp3s..)

so, i will assume that you headphone geeks prefer the 666's? i kinda like the design on the 257's but if i could get something similar as limited and special as the 234's it would be golden. to be honest i have the 540's, but they just don't cut it anymore, i will go for the 666's aor the 621's

DSC02011.jpg

Cole Haan Shoes, BR dress pants, 4 uniqlo tees, uniqlo seesucker shorts, Dior Homme wallet, Club Monaco Chambray shirt, Samurai 710xx 19oz jeans

DSC02012.jpg

Close up of Dior Homme Wallet