So honestly, what do you look for in a piece - an article of clothing...?

themovement

Personally, I look at a number of things... the fundamentals of design: proportion, cut, colour, quality; As well as the brand image as a whole, including credibility, innovation and longevity... I dig on brands that stay innovative rather than those that accomodate the latest trends... My fave jeans are 501s and I love What Nigo has created with Bape, yet I never touch an all-over print anything and stay away from teal, neon pink, and neon yellow/green coloured sneakers...

Maybe I am considering a lot when looking at a simple tee, but I'm also a hardcore design freak whose building a design empire of my own, plus I don't have much cash to work with considering I live in one of the most expensive cities in the world (although it is the best... Sorry New York and Tokyo ^_^) So really, you should understand my concern, and, if you truly want to stand out in todays fashion scene, create your own style with similar benchmarks, instead of buying the first pair of skinny jeans and horizontally striped cardigan to go over your ridiculously priced t-shirt (which I do have many... Damn you Supreme!)

But seriously, lemme know what fuels your consumption!

For shirts, coats, and things like that, I (like most) would say I primarily look for fit. Other important factors for me are quality, color, accents, and interesting cuts. I'm a huge fan of interesting accents and odd diagonal or seemingly misplaced cuts. Really anything that catches the eye of someone walking down the street.

For tees, I look for fit, quality, and clean designs. Denim is all about the quality.

I always look for quality because I can't afford to buy new clothes all the time. That means no loose or crooked seams or cheap stitching. I also look for fit because if the drape isn't right, then it just makes you look funky.

I don't always look for color because I'll usually find a way to make it work. Unless it's like, teal or pepto bismol pink. That's when i get picky.

There are a number of things,

1. Fit - makes or break your look through you sillouhette: difference between looking like the paper bag princess or stylish

2. Quality - garments of good quality maintain their shape and thus give you a better sillouhette and also good quality materials feel GOOD.

3. Color - Colors play a major role in the composition of your outfit's aesthetic, and also I usually think of how well the other pieces in my wardrobe would match with a new piece.

4. Ease of Access - I don't buy clothes I can't try on, because you'll never know what you're getting until you fork out cash for it. Since I live in sydney I do have to forgo alot of stuff I see other wearing on this forum.

5. Originality - It's nice to have something a bit unique from the rest of what you're city is wearing.

6. Price - After all the above criteria is met, I ask myself: is the price within my willingness to pay?

Color, fit (although it's extremely hard for my athletic silouette so i prefer easy fit clothes, i don't like slim clothes they make me look like stupid bodybuilder), quality and price. I prefer simple colors (grey, brown, white, dark blue).

a tag that reads "supreme". like people mentioned i look for the cut and fit. price is also a big factor. i am not so much into labels as i was when i was younger. supreme is right within my price range, and the fit is pretty good.

i also buy a lot of j.crew and banana republic, again becaues of price and fitment.

1. cut and fit

2. price

Price isn`t a problem to me, as long as the clothe gives me the look I am looking for and the material/colour/accessories are good....and I like simple clothes (no extra embroideries, accessories or useless logo even small).

Shape/fit only doesnt mean anything to me if it doesn`t come with the right colour/fabric/material.