Warehouse Denim Contest [pics and discussion]

cheep

I am surprised that people are having problems with their jeans. It seems like a case of poor quality control to me. Maybe sizing down just accelerates the inevetable.

The cut is great and the denim is fantastic. I love the character that these jeans have. I feel that is what I paid for. Still, I would be upset if mine blew out in 2 months. I'd just patch it up tho.

I didn't get in on this contest, had enough of the contest thing. I do have a couple of pairs of 1000XXs and I've done shit in them most you guys couldn't even dream of. They're doing just fine.

Getting your sack rubbed raw by a knot of denim makes for a long day, tight jeans serve a purpose there. saddle+loose jeans=sore nuts and/or ass

I am surprised that people are having problems with their jeans. It seems like a case of poor quality control to me. Maybe sizing down just accelerates the inevetable.

The cut is great and the denim is fantastic. I love the character that these jeans have. I feel that is what I paid for. Still, I would be upset if mine blew out in 2 months. I'd just patch it up tho.

I agree wholeheartedly. I really love these jeans. I even considered getting another pair of the non-contest 660s to rotate with, but ultimately for whatever reason, some of the jeans have a huge problem with denim unravelling on the inner seams, and I don't really think it has to do with wearing them too tight. I had a long tuft of denim fiber on the inner leg hanging out from the inside that actually had been held in place, trapped in the outer stiching (I've since pulled it out of the stiching and trimmed it so no pictures.) It sort of worried me when I saw it that such a supposedly high-quality factory would actually send something out like that, knowing the denim was fraying and still sewing straight over it.

That said, I haven't had any actual problems with my pair. They're holding up well, the material looks and wears great, and are actually one of the best fitting pairs of denim I've ever owned (of course, this is my first real premium denim, but that's another point entirely).

Post-soak they fit similarly to chattypuma's, but I found these stretch quite a bit in a very short time. If those are post-stretching, I'd say you are most definitely wearing them too tight.

The crotch area is *starting* to rip now, and it's pretty much exactly 2 months in.

I'll take pics in the next few days or so, but I'll probably bring it to BiG so Gordon can stitch it up a bit/reenforce the crotch area.

Also, about sizing issues. I think I agree with blackplatano in that people are making excuses to justify the quality of denim they bought. I sized down similarly to Chattypuma, naturally a 31, got a 29, the waist is currently at about 32-ish, so it's not like I sized down extreme amounts.

So I don't think the argument that it's because people sized down like crazy works on this :/, oh well, the quality of the denim itself is really nice, and the fades are great, it's just that the stitching and crotch isn't strong enough to hold again normal use. I don't bike, I don't hike, climb, etc. I just walk around, sit down at school, or take a train, nothing crazy whatsoever. I'll post up evo pics in the next few days or so.

i believe one member of the village people "the cowboy" war his jeans very tight:D

I know you said this in jest, but you're absolutely on point here. Jeans have been worn super tight since the 60s. With the crotch blowouts happening here, the defense 'oh, you're wearing them too tight' doesn't work.

I hope that Warehouse takes this into consideration for this cut. Though people have been praising cotton thread, it's pretty obvious why manufacturers went away from it.

For disclosure, I did buy a pair of these from shoreman (#191 or so), and am having no problems whatsoever, though I'm not wearing 'em like a gay cowboy.

hey chicken, i was saying that since they designed a pair of jeans with superfuture in the name, it was assumed they would be going for the superfuture fit, which is demonstrated above by chattypuma.

i went on to say that the denim is not designed to be worn like that, which was shown by the measurements provided on the website. just look at the crotch measurements. size 30 is designed for a size 30 thigh, not a 32 thigh!

Besides all the true statements regarding the crotch matter - I thought I'd take a closer look and compare the sewing and stuff..

I grabbed a pair of Samurai Jins = and the WH 660 ..

The Samurai seams to be way more solid - extra stitching...

1 - Samurai

2169289414_f262cbd00d.jpg

2 - 660

2169289668_734bd5e612.jpg

resulting this

2168498677_59cb160ec8.jpg

I'm gonna reinforce the whole area with an extra layer of denim...

actually beatle, i think its because these are a mid-rise jean. these weren't designed to be worn like low-rise jeans, at least in my opinion. i really don't think these "blow-outs" are caused by construction issues.

and your point isn't taken because there have been people with samurai "blow-outs." right?

The crotch area is *starting* to rip now, and it's pretty much exactly 2 months in.

I'll take pics in the next few days or so, but I'll probably bring it to BiG so Gordon can stitch it up a bit/reenforce the crotch area.

Also, about sizing issues. I think I agree with blackplatano in that people are making excuses to justify the quality of denim they bought. I sized down similarly to Chattypuma, naturally a 31, got a 29, the waist is currently at about 32-ish, so it's not like I sized down extreme amounts.

So I don't think the argument that it's because people sized down like crazy works on this :/, oh well, the quality of the denim itself is really nice, and the fades are great, it's just that the stitching and crotch isn't strong enough to hold again normal use. I don't bike, I don't hike, climb, etc. I just walk around, sit down at school, or take a train, nothing crazy whatsoever. I'll post up evo pics in the next few days or so.

from what i see and others have already mentioned, it seems like a quality control issue. some of us have had zero problems, others have had small issues, and some have had major issues, i.e. crotch blowout. for the people that have had zero problems, like myself, i don't think we are making excuses to justify the quality of denim we bought. we are happy with what we got and haven't had issues. i'm wondering if the pressure of getting all these made in time maybe rushed the production process resulting in some well built pairs and others with construction issues? i just took a good look at the inside crotch area and there are a couple of threads that are loose. i bought mine true to size, but, i wonder if i would have sized down 1 or 2 that those threads would have unraveled already? personally, it's not a big deal to me. i have a sewing machine and some skills. but, i also feel others have a right to complain. they want a quality product. and telling someone how they should wear there jeans, tight or loose, is wrong.

Besides all the true statements regarding the crotch matter - I thought I'd take a closer look and compare the sewing and stuff..

I grabbed a pair of Samurai Jins = and the WH 660 ..

The Samurai seams to be way more solid - extra stitching...

Those are very interesting pictures and found out all my jeans have 660 style stitching. However, I don't own any particularly cherished expensive brands. I will say though that I have a pair of those cheap STF 501's that I wore out for about a year. It was a little baggy due to stretching and the color didn't hold that well but I had no signs of an eminent crotch blowout. It had the 660 style stitching w/out the crotch problem even after a year. I still think sizing down is the main culprit as both my 501's and 660's are similar in bagginess and neither have any crotch problems. I'm not saying people got the wrong size but if that's the fit people wanted then I guess they'll just have to deal. If I read correctly only people who sized down 2+ are having problems right? I still wouldn't mind finding a way to reinforce the stitching w/out adding any patching yet though. Perhaps I'll try to do it myself.

btw I think those fit well ChattyPuma.

that is all fine. but before we continue this discussion on how well or well not the contest jeans are built lets remember one thing, BiG did us all a huge favor with these. $145 for pair of quality jeans. in my opinion, you really can't complain. if you don't believe me take a look at what their competition is doing with colabs in terms of price.

Its like buying something on sale, we got a discount because its for the contest, if you buy a 42" HD TV on sale for $1000 less, then are you going to say its shittier because you paid less for it than someone else? If you consider price to indicate quality, as you did in your previous post, then they still have the quality of $220 jeans, not $145 jeans.

Ok, so some people are having construction problems and others aren't. I already paid my money, and I've had too many good experiences with BiG to care about weak crotch construction. I'm just going to acknowledge this and move on.

Does anyone have any tips about how to reinforce the crotch area? So far I've just been sewing the fabric back together again and adding more stitching, but now the actual denim fabric is becoming frayed. Should I sew it up and add a patch of denim behind?

Its like buying something on sale, we got a discount because its for the contest, if you buy a 42" HD TV on sale for $1000 less, then are you going to say its shittier because you paid less for it than someone else? If you consider price to indicate quality, as you did in your previous post, then they still have the quality of $220 jeans, not $145 jeans.

lets take your tv example, for instance. say i bought the same tv for 34% more than what you did, which is actually the difference in price between the contest jeans and the 660's. then assume my tv had 13 dead pixels after one month and you had only 3. do i have any more right to bitch than you do because i had a greater number of problems than you? is my tv of better quality because i paid more? of course not because there the same thing. i would just feel like more of an idiot because i paid more. you follow?

We weren't arguing who felt like more of an idiot, you said we shouldn't complain in your previous post, " in my opinion, you really can't complain." Then in this post you say "do i have any more right to bitch than you do because i had a greater number of problems than you? of course not because there the same thing." So which is it? Can we complain or not, as you've said both.

And how about that +rep you said you owed me for mistaken neg rep for washing my jeans?

Wow, this has gotten a bit outta hand. A handful of people out of 200 and some odd people in the contest have had problems with crotch blow out. As has been stated before, these jeans are not meant to be worn tight. They are made of 100% cotton threads and should be worn as such. If you want to size down to emo tight and skate at the same time you are gonna have problems in the crotch area. My suggestion would be to buy some MC hammer pants or spandex. Maybe you can invest in some of those sling and stones tapered jeans with 2% spandex in them.

If you want to wear workwear inspired cloths then wear them as if they were going to be worked in. That means slightly baggy to baggy.

BTW I do like the pictures taken by beatle to show the differences in construction. Just another reason why I love Samurais and will spend $300 on a pair.