Best fading denim

markococo

Depends on who you ask really.. it's all sort of subjective.

The Flat Head 3XXX denim won "best worn/faded jeans" in Lightening Magazine (japanese denim mag) for 2006 and 2007.

I've got a photo i took of the actual pair that won last year, i'll dig it up and post it..

Although I dont own the 811 I do own the 868 and they are my favourite fading jeans....

PBJ seem to take their time but give a cool speckled fade... personally im beginning to think project jeans are best left without too much slub..

My Edo Ais just dont fade, does anyone have sc40500 that have faded????

s0500 pretty much blew me away - I dont own a pair but the comp really made me think "mmm I need some texas cotton in my collection" !

I posted in another thread about the problems of judging things like fade, and fabric,..... the thread title contains what I like to think of as a "grey word"... 'best' being subjective etc etc

So I think asking for best fade is pointless - however this thread could be a good place for people who own the jeans to comment on their fading characteristics, in relation to other jeans - e.g. - my eternal 811 have more vertical falling than my APC jeans... I guess after umpteen people have said that you can safely say 811 have more vertical fading than APC jeans...

I would like to hear more comparisons (SP?) between 811 and other structure denims . Is eternals denim really that unique or do samurais and TFH etc all come very close? I know TFH appear very streaky in the evo thread...

waffle on

edit- shit closingtime that was a cheeky bump, guess I fell for it, pah

I would like to hear more comparisons (SP?) between 811 and other structure denims . Is eternals denim really that unique or do samurais and TFH etc all come very close? I know TFH appear very streaky in the evo thread...

Though I don't own a pair, I remember Ryu saying Skulls are 'structure denim' as well, though I don't remember seeing a pair with the same sort of vertical fade as Eternals.

PBJ seem to take their time but give a cool speckled fade... personally im beginning to think project jeans are best left without too much slub..

I'll second that. My PBJs are taking forever to really fade but the color is really great.

I'm really curious about the XX-006 denim because I love the cut of my 003s.

Through all the jeans that I have seen, I think I can honestly say that I think tat APC slimmer models NS and New Cure have the best fade. They might not be very high on quality compared to japanese counter parts but they sure get a mean fade and fast as well.

It is also true they don't have much vertical fading but their honeycombs stand up to the best of them.

this thread makes me really excited about my 811's i got a few days ago. I have never seen a faded pair besides a few that i dug up on this site prior to the purchase. I think that they'll make for great winter jeans considering how thick they feel. How do you guys go about washing them? I was thinking of going with more frequent washes being that i want a more gradual classic fade. cheers!

I've seen some faded Fullcount that look pretty fucking amazing too... I wear mine once every other week and they've faded more than my Jomons... lol