The 50 most stylish men of the past 50 years

seven.homme

all top 50 lists are suspect, but all in all it was an interesting spread. i was hoping for a page for each, but obviously GQ needs to fit in like a million pages of ads into their magazine so there was no room. i kinda question tom brady? is he really stylish? does wearing gisele make you stylish?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

id say takeshi kaneshiro on the list for asians. he dont neccesarily dressed in designer shit like most asian star does that makes them like a brand whore, but he always manage to have that 'balanced' look for some reason.

the rest of asian stars are just wearing whatever is hot or at the moment trends in fashion. some of the korean stars look pretty good too, although i dont really know their names.

as for the japanese stars, i guess they are just dressed by stylists. With the booming of stylists in Japan, it wouldnt surprised me that its considered as a 'exclusiveness' being dressed by a stylist, just like having your hair styled by a famous hair stylist. So i wouldnt consider them to be stylish men.

id say takeshi kaneshiro on the list for asians. he dont neccesarily dressed in designer shit like most asian star does that makes them like a brand whore, but he always manage to have that 'balanced' look for some reason.

the rest of asian stars are just wearing whatever is hot or at the moment trends in fashion. some of the korean stars look pretty good too, although i dont really know their names.

as for the japanese stars, i guess they are just dressed by stylists. With the booming of stylists in Japan, it wouldnt surprised me that its considered as a 'exclusiveness' being dressed by a stylist, just like having your hair styled by a famous hair stylist. So i wouldnt consider them to be stylish men.

TK is cool, but i think he is kinda a girly boy. ive seen him wear some real fruity stuff, as well as wearing "whatever is hot or at the moment trends in fashion" plenty of times. and i'm pretty sure he has a stylist too.

he has done some cool movies, some of them are my favorites (obviously.. see my avatar), but tony leung, asano tadanobu, and toshio mifune (who have all already been mentioned) are levels above TK in terms of style. it's not just about what they wear.

hedi's impact on menswear goes without saying, but i don't find him especially stylish. i think he made like the mensstyle list too a bit back and it was a common sentiment. i was gonna say maybe its cause major lvmh fashion house designers shouldnt really qualify to begin with but yves makes sense.

So I know its quite taboo to bring up this pedo monkeyfucker, but seriously... Michael Jackson deserves to be on this list. I went on an MJ kick today after watching the Sonny Jim video and half the shit he's rockin is still worn today by SF members.

Black leather jacket w/ skinny black jeans tucked into black leather boots? Check.

Skinny peaked lapel blazer with cropped pants? Check.

Bright red leather jacket with gems and sparkles all over? Ok... maybe not this one.'

Anyway, from what I recall he had all his clothes made custom and generally put out some killer looks so let's give the kid the credit he deserves.