The 50 most stylish men of the past 50 years

seven.homme

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

would have thought jude law would have been in there certianly intresting though

but the tips they give are pretty basic and most people on here would know them already ... black white shirt , black tie white shirt , by the way and good look is black tie white shirt

The moment I flipped through this I thought they had a paragraph pre-written for every style and were browsing through old celebs pics until they found something remotely fitting their description.

I mean, sorry, Steve McQueen was about as stylish as it gets and they show a pic where he's looking like a complete jerk... Same goes for most other guys (although Pete and Connery are kind of representative).

asians have no style. see example: rirawin.

Well it is very white and americano-centric, like the persons who made the list. No surprises here. I do agree with a lot of the choices, but it is still a very safe list. Frankly if you told me to name male asians I find stylish I'd be kinda stuck too. I like Kurosawa's cap and general working class style, Yohji, Suharto (but you can't name a dictator, too controversial, you have to keep to 90% artists and entertainers), maybe Chow Yun Fat because he brought back the assassin steez.

im suprised because this by GQ and it is a safe young bet maybe he is too young and hasnt been outward enough as the likes of andre 3000 but jude law and david beckham are pretty much gaurenteed to be in the 50 best dressed men when they publish it here over in the uk so thats why im suprised as they consider him to be well dressed and he has the Alfie remake to his name which is pretty stylish in its self.

i agree jude has some horrible looks but i also think he can be extremly well dressed some times not all but hesnot bad

i personally think that it is the way in which people wear their clothes, not how well their stylist dresses them. in my opinion jude law would only get it wrong when he's dressing himself :) fred astair not on the list, thats unjust.

agreed but honestly i have seen many pics of jude out and about theres a whole tread on jude on the fashion spot and dont get me wrong sometimes he just doesnt look in the mirror before he goes out, but other times he pulls off a slim tailored look really well

anyway who i would have actualy put in my self is dazed and confused editor jefferson hack im certain he aint in it but i cant be assed checking again

aw c'mon... not a single mention of an Asian in that list?

i think this is a simple result of the magazine embracing timeless style in this issue, and the asian tendency to be at the forefront of what is new and fashionable.

just my dos pesos

i think this is a simple result of the magazine embracing timeless style in this issue, and the asian tendency to be at the forefront of what is new and fashionable.

just my dos pesos

Its a factor of:

A) Audience; not many people know a lot of asians from the last 50 yrs, especially not how they dressed. How many asian actors can the average GQ reader name.

B) The focus on European style being stylish and the different rythm of integration of this style meaning that most of the "asian" population hasn't even been dressing fully "european" for the full last 50 yrs.

I would add that asians haven't really been at the forefront of style before the emergence of the japanese designers in the 80s, even then the notion is still highly discussable, as most important designers still show in paris and Milan and the culture displayed in movies and other proeminent cultural products (think music, films and tv) being mostly western.