Filipino American Harassed By H&M Employee

pete mcstunna

This post is 100% serious.

I obviously agree that racism is a terrible thing and nobody should be subjected to it.

That being said, an individual case of racism is irrelevant and suing for it is like fighting against windmills. The problem needs to be attacked from the roots. No ideas where those are to be honest. I have a feeling that people will never stop grouping with similar people and attacking different people.

kkk

u want 2 kno my opinion??? b4 this thrad get lokk???

A NIGGA AINT NEED 2 SUE. srsly.

if a cumpany iz bein racist...THEY WILL DIE. u cant just go up 2 ur customr n b lyk. GET DA FUK OUT NEGRO. wen u runnnin a stor. STOOPZ NO BLAX WILL SHOP @ UR STOR. UR STOR DONT MAK NO MONIE. UR STOR DIEZ.

it r kall a boykott

feelme???

My bad, england. Superculture would have been the obvious choice.

The purpose of posting a link to this article was to create a healthy exchange: involving sufu members articulating their respective values and arguments. While most people have contended the case itself is irrelevant -- I am compelled to agree with such believers -- it is nice to see not all members on this forum think alike.

I understand that. I just found it odd that on a board where we aren't even allowed to discuss politics, this seemed important enough to post.

Regarding a 'healthy exchange': One really needs to know all the angles of a case in order to do this, and from a simple google search on this incident I can tell you that info. really isn't available here. This is your run-of-the-mill harrassment suit, which occurs in courts all over the US 20 times a day.

I don't get it: why is the fact that an Asian-American is woman standing up for the idea that Asian-American women shouldn't be discriminated against immediately indicative of some prediliction for discriminating against other groups?

I mean . . . it seems like she's just speaking for herself, which is more than can be said for most of the people who seem so concerned about letting us know that this story is not important because it happens all the time. (Which, I would think, actually makes it more important, seeing as it means it's part of a more, not less, disturbing trend.)

But oh well.

You misunderstood my point. I didn't criticize her standing up for herself, I criticized her lawyer's statement.

yeah. i'm so curious to see it. my aunts keep calling me about it. heh.

haha. it was only like 5-10 seconds long.

i impulsively yelled out "hey i know her!" and my grandma replied "noooooo. ees een shicago."

kind of a weird experience.

are you filipino?

haha. it was only like 5-10 seconds long.

i impulsively yelled out "hey i know her!" and my grandma replied "noooooo. ees een shicago."

kind of a weird experience.

are you filipino?

HAHHAHAAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAAHHA +_REPEEP PEPERPEPP

yeah, because non-asian women are called "mail-order bride" all the time. once again, england, you missed the point. i still love you though.

Sure man. I'm sure no one will dispute the race/country most often associated with mail-order brides are white Russian women, but really, nice try. Again, the point was that the lawyer made a statement implying that because she is a minority she is somehow more entitled not to be harrassed when the statement should have been more along the lines of: "no woman should be harrassed, especially not because of their race"..........