2007 Holden Outerwear

Parker669

It is getting a little irritating and over the top, but still better than SLC gangster steeze.

Haha I live in SLC and ride brighton. You definitely see both sides of it rocked to the extreme.

I was actually thinking of getting a Holden jacket more for school and daily shit. I think functionality is as important as look when you're riding.

Holden shit isn't even taht tight, guys who want to wear it tight size down like crazy and pin them in to make them tighter.

my jackets baggy and i sag my pants a whole bunch

edit

uhhhhh what?

I actually remember reading an interview with those guys and they said one of the dude's mom takes all of thier pants in and taylors them to be really tight. shit's fuckin dumb if you ask me, you need a little room for air which is what is actually keeping you warm, but snowboarding isn't much about function anymore now is it.

I personally like holden's stuff it looks different from everything else out there and has riri zippers on everything.

burton IS NEXT LEVEL

review2400f55b47ec3bfe8kz9.jpg

review2400e22945c925567og5.jpg

25 June 2007 - Jeans are great aren’t they? Staple of your wardrobe, but they carry one major flaw; get them wet and they are a bugger to deal with.

So what's the solution? Waterproof them with Gore-Tex of course. That's exactly what Burton, the snowboarding firm, has done. But is it the idea of the century or something that will find itself in the charity shop? We get wet to find out.

Designed for boarders who want to wear jeans on the slopes, judging from the reaction from most people, they are going to be the must have piece of kit next season.

On the surface they look like any pair of regular jeans. It's not until you look a little closer that you can start to see differences.

While the material looks likes denim, to touch it's like it's been covered in Gore-Tex and when we wore them out and about, Mrs Pocket-lint commented that they had that "Swish-swish" sound to them.

Other telltale signs are that they've got much needed vents on the side of the legs and snowcuffs at the bottom to stop snow coming up your leg.

So the big test - how waterproof are they? Well they certainly with stood all the water we could throw at them that's for sure.

We tested them first with a cup of water, then a jug of water, then using a Water Blaster. The result? Still dry underneath. It seemed there was only one thing for it. We jumped into a swimming pool. Needless to say it didn’t repell that much water.

disable ad

VERDICT

We aren't sure we would wear them out or down the pub (although they did come in handy in the rain when walking the dog) but on the slope they are going to be great.

These waterproof jeans give you that denim look, but without the hassle of a wet bum in the process.

As for the denim hooded jacket, we aren't so sure the style is really in, unless of course you are trying to be a rapper from the 80s, now where's that bodywarmer?

So why not top marks? Well this coolness is going to cost you: £360 for the pants, £450 for the jacket - ouch.

• 2 weeks later...