Is Kanye West as good as he thinks he is?

broneck

Is kanye really that good?  

170 members have voted

1. 1. Is kanye really that good?

• Fuck yes, Kanye is the new Mike Jordan of Recordin'
    • No, I want him to shove a hot steel rod in his wee wee.
    • It's an act, no one loves themself that much.
    • Your polls are always stupid.

So I've been loving the newest album...and then I started listening to the first two again, and I'm loving them too. And I'm seeing him at award shows and he dresses fucking awesome now, way better than anyone else on stage at the moment (except maybe devendra banhart). I picked up an issue of blender today, and the article started out with "I want to be the number one artist in the world." and essentially launched into how 'ye is looking at genre bending like he's the tarantino of hip hop.

Is he as good as he thinks he is? Is anyone as good as he thinks he is?

Thoughts?

His performance and skit on SNL say alot about him. Seems like even though fame's gotten to his head, he still strives to distance himself from it.

I love that his work and style encompass everything he finds interesting which is definitely what i strive for as well.

... I'm loving them too. And I'm seeing him at award shows and he dresses fucking awesome now, way better than anyone else on stage at the moment (except maybe devendra banhart). I picked up an issue of blender today, and the article started out with "I want to be the number one ...

What the fuck?

Someone post an image of this new well-dressed Kanye West. I remain consistently underwhelmed.

"I never rock a mink coat in the su--.. time like Killa Cam, I rock som--.. mink.. boots in the wintertime.. like will.i.am. Let me know if you feel it man, I just messed on my rap, live TV, like.. damn."

lol fale, but at least he made an effort to recover from that..

man, i have never liked this clown and i will continue hating on him. his new album is either him just straight-up jacking other peoples' amazing songs (Daft Punk, Can) and spitting half-assed lyrics over them, or praising himself in boring ways over limp, watered-down versions of arena-sized dance-pop. MIA should give Kanye a caning on live television.