transaction problems and disputes

mike lowrey

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=243729

turning out to be a complete scam... so far 5 buyers (including myself) have not received any of our buys... and he even received double payments for the same item...

what's the most effective way of resolving matters like this? i believe we've all filed complaints and escalated our claims at paypal already...

I lol'ed

takuya, please, don't put your nose in the deal when you don't know anything about it, pease! take care about your business of purchase and sale in this thread, thank's ;)

Andrew has (vonlontary?) forgotten some details (condition of jacket received, money added by me,...), internet is internet, a world where is easy to create a bad reputation, thank's dude to sully the reputation of mine, no problem, but i am sure you are a lier the jacket has been shipped, point

since this deal with him, i have sold some items, most of them are rick owens stuffs and there is not any problem, someone has reported a problem??? i come from a french forum where i have more than 100 transaction without problem...

no proof but his words and i should accept to be declared guilty, let me laugh...

To my future buyer : if you are worried to make deal with me, pay the comission and we will use ebay way, you are protected and you will see that i am honnest.

Word.

ps : a thread with positive and negative feedback should be better, we would miss to sully a reputation for only one (lier) member.

Ok! I deleted my post, but I'd like to see more about this case! Because I've known Andrew as well, and a lot of another members do too. The only I think that is I hate selling/buying/treading with the scammers. Not only about losing the money, just waste too much time. You should explain more about this case. I've read this issue in the past when Andrew posted it here. He is totally right.

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?p=2242154#post2242154

Wow what nerve you have Boras

We knowing traded leather jackets, my high neck leather for your molino.

You received my leather and I never received anything from you, if the condition was 'so' bad why do you make no mention of it in your sale thread. Just send mine back to me if you are so dissatisfied. You are just scapegoating the fact you stole my jacket, leaving me nothing in return.

I have proof that after our supposed trade, you have attempted to sell both jackets at multiple times over the past year since the incident, through different aliases. I even have photos of you with the item in you possession after the fact.

I am not some stupid zero post member either, I work in this industry and I am personal friends with moderators here and mostly on SZ.

I even went so far last summer, as to having my friend attempt to buy back the leather jacket being sold, but in the end we received a box full of magazines.

I have all the facts, and I am not afraid of Boras

I have no reason to lie about this, it is a huge waste of my energy and has been for over a year.

He is what ruins online trading.

In over 10 years of dealings, this has been my worst experience.

True Scum

If you want more info, just ask...I have all the PMs, photos, and witnesses I need

Chant, or Christian [on SZ] can verify all of my information

andrew, have you contacted admins? not sure what good it'll do, just stating standard practice

I have, but there is not much I can do. I have come to terms with the loss, it just makes my blood boil seeing him actively posting my jacket.

it's hard with a trade too, cause you can't at least file a claim... that sucks andrew, sorry man.

to add: i've sold to boras a while back, but that really doesn't mean much i guess..

Yes, I certainly learned a valuable lesson about who I trade with and trust.

In an attempt earlier this year to get my jacket back, I had a friend of mine attempt a trade with him under one of his aliases, this is what my friend received from Boris...

28ldyxl.jpg

...a box full french magazines

The situation is quite simple, we arranged to trade jackets

My Rick Owens High Collar Leather Jacket

for

His Rick Owens Mollino Leather Jacket

He received my leather jacket as promised via Express Mail along with tracking.

I was never supplied tracking and never received any package from Boras.

In the months afterward, it became clear that he was in possession of both jackets. And has made multiple attempts to sell both jackets under different alias through threads and PMs. Even going so far as to posting a waywt months after the fact with the Mollino in clear view in the background of the image.

Why you people choose to defend Boras I have no idea [my guess is you are all friends of his; love to see a thread that actually proves any of these supposed successful trades].

But facts are facts, and I have yet to see anyone dispute those facts I have laid out.

I have no reason to want to exhaust my energy over this for the past year; it has been one of the most frustrating situation I have ever had to deal with in my life. Just don't want to put anyone else through this. I hope that is clear.

MLproject listed a crescent down works/DQM Montagne parka size Large. He sent me a Medium.

He claims that since he put his description of how he felt like the jacket fit, that tagged size is "irrelevant."

I purchased it because i knew what size I needed, which is size Large. I don't really care about his feelings about how it fits, or the measurements that he took. I care about tagged size.

I offered to pay the return shipping to him to help, but he is unwilling to do this, and I think it's just plain wrong.

I know he is a long-standing member with lots of posts, but just wanted other people to know that this is what they are getting into.

Sending the wrong item is a clear reason to do a refund.

if it has nothing to do with feelings, why did your first message stated you don't like how it fits? my sale thread is not a fitting room.

i listed the jacket with the wrong size, but included exact measurements and said it fits like an XL. you bought it and chose to ignore these accurate details. not my problem.

a frame of reference for everyone else, the CDW jacket is tagged a M but fits on par with my similarly styled XL jackets from sierra designs and supreme, so i made sure i explained the wild difference between the tagged size and actual fit, rendering the tagged size irrelevant. i made the mistake of saying it was a Large, but i feel like my other details were explicit enough.

maybe i'm wildly wrong, but zack's the only one i've talked to that thinks so. obviously i've been on this forum for a long time and have sold a lot of stuff here, so i'm not trying to pull any dodgy business. i'm also not trying to be hassled by someone's hasty buying habits either.

Man, I am not trying to use the forum as a fitting room.

Since I had done the research and knew the size I wanted, why would I? You did indeed list the jacket in the wrong size, and you won't make it right.

I think people should know that.

Also, the jacket does not fit the same as similarly styled jackets from Supreme. I had the Mountain Parka FW 08 and that was about an inch to an inch and a half wider.

This is the first time I have ever had a problem purchasing on the forum - because I do my research and find out what I need to before I buy. I had been looking for this parka in a size L for about 6 months.

You sold me the wrong thing and you won't make it right. Choosing to ignore the accurate details? That's just plain wrong. The only objective detail in your post is the tagged size. Everything else is subjective (fit, measurements by you compared to someone else). I chose to rely on your ability to give the correct objective detail. You were unable to come through on that, and you won't make it right. How can you possibly say the tagged size is irrelevant?

I have been owning it: I posted the wrong size in my listing. I put Large when it is actually a Medium. People know it. I said it in my previous post.

The posted pit-to-pit and sleeve measurements of the jacket are not subjective. I sold you a jacket with the posted measurements. Regardless of my XL estimate and my error, these trump all.

Bottom line: you ignored the measurements. This is rule #1 of ordering online.

edit -- at this point i've talked to at least 6 people including a few coworkers, friends and one of my clients to check myself. they all agree with the fact that if the measurements were posted, you should have paid attention. if they hadn't been, i would be owing you an apology and a return on my dime.

ahah thanks for telling me about rule #1. how about expecting to get what you pay for? that is rule #1. this is not some vintage piece, this is a known quantity, I knew what size I needed and paid you for it, and you didn't send it to me.

You are owning the mistake but not doing anything to make up for it. I really don't understand why. I shouldn't have to re-sell and take a loss for your mistake. This most definitely isn't mine.

What would happen if you purchased an item from a store, from ebay, or from another member that was not the correct tagged size? In every case they would make it right by doing a return.

Bottom line: you sent me the wrong thing. Doesn't get any more clear than that.

yes, if i checked a online store's sizing and it wasn't accurate to what i received i would think a refund was in order. you bought and were shipped the jacket i accurately provided measurements for.

if my listing did not provide measurements, your post would make complete sense and it would already have been returned to me.

Dude, you don't make any sense. It's astounding that you are arguing that your subjective measurements take precedent over the tagged size.

I don't see how anyone in their right mind would say you are in the right about this.

I see that you are unwilling to refund my money - and other people should see it too.

I will never pay via paypal gift again, and I would recommend to anyone considering buying stuff from you that they get pictures of the tag - since you won't make things right. I am not sure how i could trust you to measure a garment if i can't trust you to type a size.

Not being the right size is a CLEAR reason for a refund. Anywhere. Anytime.

Not being the right size is a CLEAR reason for a refund. Anywhere. Anytime. In any circumstances. That's the deal bro, and you should know that with all of your transactions.

I'm glad we agree on this now. that's why i listed accurate measurements and shipped you the jacket with the listed measurements.

Measurements of garment absolutely take precedence over the tagged size since we all know sizes and cuts vary, especially in this case since the thing fits two sizes bigger than its tagged. Everyone has plenty of opportunity to ask for more images and info before buying something on here and you did neither. #1 question I get: "what are the measurements?"

FYI, I didn't ask for the payment as a gift to be shady. You were haggling over $10 to cover shipping and i suggested it as a way to avoid the fees so I could give you a better price.

no way, that's just crazy.

and i didn't offer you 50 less than you had it listed for dude, i asked for 20 less.

you are now just lying. you had it listed at 225, i offered 200 as you had bumped it a bunch of times (like three pages) with no takers.

saying the tagged size is irrelevant is actually pretty funny, i never thought i would see someone say that.

i believe the measurements provided about the jacket accurately described what you bought despite my error in naming the tagged size.

with my years of experience buying and selling online, i find it reasonable to stand by that. if anyone thinks this is ridiculous, let me know.

also, i am not certain that he had measurements posted, but i definitely remember that he had "fits like supreme XL" and "fits more like XL." could have been measurements but i don't remember them.

i would have no problem at all if there was no size listed and only the measurements - but i knew the exact garment and the exact size i needed. this is very, very different from purchasing say a vintage piece from ebay or something where you need to rely heavily on the measurements.

also, mlproject, please admit that I didn't lowball you by "fifty dollars." I most certainly did not and don't appreciate you saying that I did.

it said "L fits like an XL." this was provided as a a commonly-used frame of reference since the fit was so different than the tagged size.

I later told you in a PM that i measured two XL supreme parkas and a XL seirra designs parka to make sure my estimate was appropriate when you tried to say my estimate was also bogus. it said nothing about a supreme parka in the listing. you don't remember the measurements because you didn't pay attention to them. it has come full circle.

you're right, i looked back and i did have it at $225 at that point. my apologies on that.