bullshit prices

BOORADLEY

so i was doing some deep thinking on the can this morning and i got to wondering about the us and Canadian dollar. we all know today it was par. so why the fuck is shit still more expensive here (Canada) than in the states. if i buy something made in china, why is it cheaper for the us? also. books, magazines etc. wtf? its like half the price!!

other notable piss offs include, bank ATM "fee's" and cell phone "access" charges.

fuck.

It's because canada likes to tax the hell out of its citizens. They have more protectionism and tariffs on more stuff than any other country I know. Ever try having someone send you something from outside canada? The import duty is NUTS! I remember the first time I went to Montreal and a golf-ball sized piece of fresh mozarella was $8, and the baseball sized one in the US is $5. And those are both domestic products! Look at canada's nationalized liquor sales, etc. What's the max income tax rate bracket there?

At any rate it's because of canadian government policy.

i dont think government policy has much to do with it. we pay tax in addition to higher prices, they're not reflected by the price itself. basically i tihnk it's just retailers failing to keep up with the rising dollar (or they don't want to, because why would they? people aren't going to stop buying shit because our dollar is strong now, so more profit for retailers)

oh yeah, and liquor sales contribute hugely to our ability to provide public health care

Yeah the Canada import duty thing seems harsh. Glad I dont get pinged for buying stuff on the internetz. Over here milk and meat is expensive even though they are our main industries....because is worth more to them in exports. Jipped.

Yeah...we probably pay the export price at home. Im gonna get me a sheep in the back yard. Some dodgy friends of my brothers had a pet pig called Barry....not sure what happened to him?