any dentist? or people with bad teeth?

red

is it normal for a dentist to fucking drill out 50% of a tooths mass?

first of all, i just moved from japan, where i let the military hospitals deal with me. when i moved here, i signed up under the family dentists which are all female and filipino.

my first checkup was like a week or two ago. since then, ive had 2 other appointments. in the first meeting, they drilled a good portion of two upper molars. today, they drilled out one of my bottom molars.

right after they were done drilling, i felt my tooth, and it felt like there was nothing in the middle. like it was a really deep bowl. i looked into a mirror, and it fucking was a deep bowl. then they filled it and everything.

5 hours later my tooth is hurting.

i might just be totally paranoid, but is this a common practice? when i was in the military hospital, they never drilled so many of my teeth, let alone drilled so much of a single tooth. again, is this normal?

and they plan to drill the other side of my mouth next week.

maybe i dont trust them because theyre filipinos. female filipinos. or maybe because its just a small clinic and not a huge hospital.

Um, I think they're scamming you, the same thing happened to my dad a while ago. The dentist made up some fake bullshit about cavities and drilled 8 of his teeth and filled them (his teeth were fine). Now, he has had to refill all those teeth, get crowns on them and everything because the dentist destroyed the core of each tooth... Basic thing, if your teeth don't hurt, don't go to the dentist... And I'd get an experienced doctor, one with credentials displayed, private practice...

i've got great teeth. A couple of months ago I went to a new dentist here to get my teeth whitened and they said that I have 4 "extremely small" cavities and wanted use a laser to "zap" them out or something, but it was like 50 bucks a "zap"- which wasn't a problem because we have really great healthcare, still I said that I wanted to wait and have it done another day- I never went back.

But just this week I went to a great orthodontist that i've been seeing for 4 years (I used to have braces) she said I had no cavities whatsoever....

F U C K that. On regular checkups they should not be drilling holes into your teeth. Checkups = cleaning and evaluating your grill not actual work. If you do need to get fillings or something they should tell you that work needs to be done and this is done in a seperate appointment where the drilling and filling is all done at the same time. They shouldn't leave you with holes in your teeth.

Regarding their ethnicity; Plenty of Filipinos have doctorates (not doctors, but almost every flip family I have met, their mother is a nurse) and all that I know of work under legitimate offices and don't run their own.

A racist and a misogynist, yu're my kind of guy. This is fishy as hell. Aside from fucking up your teeth I don't understand the scam. They don't get much money out of it but in BubblyMasquerade's case that sounds like your dad was fucked and had to pay even more to have his shit fixed by a different practitioner. Doesn't make sense.

my brother's an orthodontist, and I asked him about this.

he said that it's a common (and cruel) scheme to swindle money from patients.

sorry

but if you don't get corrective surgery (long, painful, expensive) done, you should expect the 'hurt' to gradually increase over the next few weeks. (as the dentine depletes)

the worst part is that they have to replace the drilled molars with fitments that don't feel the same. if you don't get the artificial fitments, you other teeth will shift and misalign. even your mandibulars can be disturbed if the molars are missing.

my brother's an orthodontist, and I asked him about this.

he said that it's a common (and cruel) scheme to swindle money from patients.

sorry

but if you don't get corrective surgery (long, painful, expensive) done, you should expect the 'hurt' to gradually increase over the next few weeks. (as the dentine depletes)

the worst part is that they have to replace the teeth entirely with fitments that don't feel the same. if you don't get the artificial fitments, you other teeth will shift and misalign. even your mandibulars can be disturbed if the molars are missing.

maybe you're the swindler!!

WHO CAN YOU TRUST?

They did this shit to me, removed the entire core of one of my molars and left it like that. I go to another dentist a few weeks later and she tells me that I'm missing the entire core of one of my teeth, so they had to remove it.

Next time you see them, punch them in the throat or something.

Got 4 molars drilled and filled couple years ago, one from each corner, the whole thing sounds like a scam though. Before I change my family doctor, the previous one had a checkup and told me everything is fine, but that was couple years ago, then I change my dentist. On my first visit, they told me I got 4 cavities and need to drill my grill, I was skeptical 'cause there was no pain or nothing, my teeth didn't complain, so they should be fine. I wasn't skeptical enough to question his professionalism, i thought i be safe with the hippocritic code and all. Total end up being about 200 something w/insurance.

^ are you not getting a route canal? from your story it sounds like you are... route canal is not a one session deal. i had the same story as yours but i was getting a route canal.. 1st they drill it, then clean it and fill it up..2nd session goes the same thing but they end with by capping the molar/tooth.

^ are you not getting a route canal? from your story it sounds like you are... route canal is not a one session deal. i had the same story as yours but i was getting a route canal.. 1st they drill it, then clean it and fill it up..2nd session goes the same thing but they end with by capping the molar/tooth.

dont think so. they drilled/filled in one session, and didnt have any further plans for the tooth.

im no dentist, but drilling deep holes? man i think they might be implanting some super high tech military shit in yo teeth, you be having all those powers and shit, and you can help me beat up these black kids that always make fun of the asian kids