Brand Check re: Ken Nakamura (Bangkok)

Analyst

Today, I ran across a small store in Siam Center, the mall right off the Siam Square BTS Station, called Ken Nakamura. The clothes and store have a strong 45rpm-ish feel (i.e., indigo-dyed tee-shirts, Henry Cuir-style bracelets and accessories, indigo-dyed cotton gauze fisherman pants, loose-knit shirts, etc.). Basically, they are similar to 45rpm but without the Abercrombie & Fitch-ish blazers and khakis.

They also have their own unisex denim that are washed selvedge with some interesting bells and whistles (i.e., patterned fabric for the pockets, selvedge all along the inner waistline, nice hardware). They look decent and are priced at 3995 baht, or around $120 USD.

I'll try to see if I can get some pics next time. The store's card mentions a Ken Dee Co., Ltd. Anyone heard of these guys? They are definitely a Japanese-based company. Not sure if it's a micro-brand or something larger in Japan. Any info would be great! Thanks...

• 3 weeks later...
from my previous trip to the store i remember it being a japanese-designed but thai manufactured line...unless i got the store assistant wrong.

bought a shirt earlier in january when i went, their jeans look pretty nice as well.

That sounds about right. They used to be sold at the Emporium and Zen as well, but now only at the Siam Center boutique.

Their denim has been sold out for a while now. Looks like they move pretty fast whenever a shipment comes....

from my previous trip to the store i remember it being a japanese-designed but thai manufactured line...unless i got the store assistant wrong.

bought a shirt earlier in january when i went, their jeans look pretty nice as well.

That sounds about right. They used to be sold at the Emporium and Zen as well, but now only at the Siam Center boutique.

Their denim has been sold out for a while now. Looks like they move pretty fast whenever a shipment comes....