april77: metal used for buttons and rivets?

iloveyou

hi.

i just realised that my april77s are giving me a rash everywhere that the buttons and rivets touch my skin. does anyone know what metal is used in the hardware and if there are any other brands of jeans i should avoid if the buttons will be the same? this is the first time anything like this has happened to me.

is there anything i can do to help it? i bought two pairs... and i've only worn one of the pairs twice :(

my mom suggested putting clear nail polish on the backs..

:confused:

Clear nailpolish might work I don't know.

I have no clue about Aprill 77's so I can't help you with that.

But here's a thing I just came up with:

Get one of those iron on repair patches, shouldn't even be denim perse since it's on the inside of the jeans anyway, cut it up in little patches that will cover the metal parts, (maybe a strip for the button fly placket) and iron those on.

Another thing that might work is to wear underwear, why are the button's even touching your skin?

Stop buying April77.. the company has ripped off almost every distributor they've worked with in North America to the tune of a total of $300k so far.

They're basically crooks.

About the rivets, stop wearing the jeans or put on underwear.

i heard about this as well.its not that thier crooks per say. i hear that the people at april 77 mostly knuckleheads who mostly party, drink and dont really give a fuck most of the time that they often screw up in distribution and tend to be late in shipment.bunch of drugged out rockers.

Stop buying April77.. the company has ripped off almost every distributor they've worked with in North America to the tune of a total of $300k so far.

They're basically crooks.

About the rivets, stop wearing the jeans or put on underwear.

The company is owned by some rockstar french kid, he got the money to start the comapny from his millionaire dad that's one of the most powerful textile producers in all of Europe.

if read their blog..that's pretty much true. but they do have good cuts, despite the lower quality construction.

seriously..with jeans like this you won't be washing them for months, so wear underwear, otherwise the smell is going to be like if you never changed underwear for 6 months..which is basically what you're doing. Also, maybe the rashes are because they're skintight?

ehh and this didn't get answered in the small questions thread. so imma put it here since its about april77. does anyone know how much the dischords stretch over time? i havent actually worn them.. just tried them on a few times and would like to know.

The company is owned by some rockstar french kid, he got the money to start the comapny from his millionaire dad that's one of the most powerful textile producers in all of Europe.
i red april blog...says his dad dindt want him to be cluthing producer and shunned it...

but hey u would know more init?

hi.

i just realised that my april77s are giving me a rash everywhere that the buttons and rivets touch my skin. does anyone know what metal is used in the hardware and if there are any other brands of jeans i should avoid if the buttons will be the same? this is the first time anything like this has happened to me.

is there anything i can do to help it? i bought two pairs... and i've only worn one of the pairs twice :(

my mom suggested putting clear nail polish on the backs..

:confused:

Sound like it could be a nickel allergy. Most companies will insist on nickel free hardware these days. But maybe April77 didn't.

Anyway, the nail polish is a good suggestion.

LOL. I'd like to read more about A77 ripping off US Distros to the tune of 300k...

i do wear underwear!

i'm a girl though so i dont get boxers, and the rivets touch on the hips below where my underwear end and the button at the fly just above the waist of my underwear.

i'm not gross :(

LOLOL

...and aw... :(

clear nail polish does work! my girlfriend puts it on all of her metal earrings cause she's allergic...

very useful! i have no piercings cause i'm allergic to most junk metal...except nickle apparently.