Jobs for high school.

jonle714

washed dishes at a vegan resturant for a few years

shitty pay, horrible owners, cool cooks that would buy me beer (and occasionally get me drunk and take me bowling for Lewbowski sundays), and i got to listen to my own music in the back.

Fantastic first job.

Gap- (stock guy)good pay and it got raised frequently, when I left after 2yrs I was up to 14 sumthin' per hr. plus 5 finger discount, and my good ol' reg discount of 50% off. I don't think its like that anymore though, they probably have put a stop to most of the shit that went on there though.

Gap- (stock guy)good pay and it got raised frequently, when I left after 2yrs I was up to 14 sumthin' per hr. plus 5 finger discount, and my good ol' reg discount of 50% off. I don't think its like that anymore though, they probably have put a stop to most of the shit that went on there though.

What did you make when you first started the job? 14+ is insane.

i actually got a job at home depot during high school as one of their "customer service assistant" makes u sound good, but u actually do bitch work for them.. but at least you get 9.50 *canadian* to start and 10 dollars after a year + good standings

i thought 7-11 was a franchise. famiily ownd by indians or whatever.

I don't know what the deal was but, there was a white dude who I'm guessing ran like 4 7-11s in the area, and there was a Pakistani/Indian/Arab guy who owned the store that I rarely ever saw.

He came in once to quiz us on what to do if we got robbed, and to yell at us about how much money we had in the draws.

I had an internship at IBM that paid 6.25 Euros ($8.75), and a bullshit accountant job at a law firm that paid 7 Euros. In high school I wouldn't look for jobs based on pay but rather on how it looks on your curiculum vitae.

well said!

accounting firm.. $10/hour

it's really chill

co-workers are really nice

looks good on my resume

learning something new each day (i want to be a CA)

i take however long lunch break i want and bill the time as "copying/filing/faxing" :D (my bosses don't really keep track of whos at work or not.)

i worked at a doctor's office when i was in highschool

paid me 7 bucks per hour to do filing charts and etc

slowest job ever

i did diz 4 free.

i aint got reel pay job until diz past summr need 2 werk 4 resume

The 400 bucks a week in tips from that valet guy just sort of changed my mind though.

yea its a good job, i still work it while in college, but now that its fall winter the money slows down and you gotta look for something new.