Your winter parka.

shagnscoob

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's Spiewak's sizing like? I really like the look of a couple of those jackets, but I'm an XS/44 and I'm worried a small would still be too large for me.

size down. im usually a 38, but a 36 fits snug with a little room for a sweater or jacket to be worn under, and 34 gives a sufu-fit.

• 3 weeks later...

I've always thought that down jackets are the only really warm jackets. Are there any linings that are comparable to down?

I'm looking for a fairly nice jacket (let's say up to $1,000). I'd like it to fit slim and not be puffy. In keeping with the superfuture tradition, aesthetics are as important as function, and it definitely needs to be very warm and use down or something like it. I like that APC parka, but I'm not sure it'll be warm enough. Any suggestions?

On another note, are there any Acronym jackets that are as warm as a down jacket?

no shell will ever be as warm as a down jacket, because they combine the insulator and the shell in one. your body is only kept as warm as the heat retaining insulator around it, the shell is for keeping the wind from penetrating this insulator. if you buy just an acronym jacket, no matter how good a windbreaker it is, it will never keep you as warm as a down jacket (providing that you're wearing both with the same thing undernearth). however buying a shell is just fine as lnog as you have plenty of stuff to insulate with undernearth.

ps: acronym makes heat retaining pieces as well, so if you want the complete bank outfit, there's that option as well

h&m

wayer6jo4.jpg

is that h&m still available in stores or is it from a previous season? anybody able to hook it up in a size medium? willing to pay a finder's fee.

i'm interested in getting ahold of one of these in medium too... and am more than happy to pay a finder's fee. any help most appreciated.

down jacket is shit during the rain.

true

but it's also warmer than anything else you'll find, which is why it's best to combine it with a waterproof shell, as in:

http://www.patagonia.com/web/us/product/product_focus.jsp?OPTION=PRODUCT_FOCUS_DISPLAY_HANDLER&style_color=28545-497&patcatcode=MAIN_FA07_US.CLOTHING_GEAR.MENS.JACKETS.DOWN/SYNTHETIC

i just picked one up last week

a little pricey, but you don't want to fuck around during a chicago january

these are $650 a pop in nyc.

in another 2 months most coats at the gap will be on sale. just wait out and get one there for $50.

$650 where are u going? Tent & Trails downtown(NYC) is the spot for Canada Goose jackets. Around $400 bucks and under. Just bought my girlfriend the long mystic coat it was like $415 while paragon was selling it for $480... Mos def recommend Canada Goose jackets for the cold winter. I'll swear by it, I'm never cold in my jacket! And most of my friends who work outside at various clubs all rock these coats to stay warm. The only negative is going into stores you have to take it off, cause you instantly start sweating. & holding the jacket is like carrying a small child. Worth the investment, you will never buy another winter coat. Plus I love the wire in the hoods, you can bend and contour the hoods to your face...

Shoot these jackets are what scientist wear in artic tuntras. (sidenote they rocked these in the movie "The Day After Tomorrow" when the world turned to ice) ha ha...

EDIT: they run super big so size down.... I'm rocking like a 3XS, & alot of their hoods/coyote fur liners are removable.