The Evolution of Jeans: Pictures, Scones and Tea

Guest bed

damn, so many awesome pairs lately, esp like those skulls LL

my FH f310's I've been wearing since the beginning of April. I can't wear them to work but I wear them hard every day before work, after work, and... well, pretty much whenever I'm not there. 1 quick soak (wore them in the shower) about a month ago and I was hoping to wait until Oct for the first wash but they are starting to be in need of some repairs.

full length pictures taken in direct sunlight, all others in the shade.

DSC04340.jpg

DSC04341.jpg

DSC04328.jpg

DSC04332.jpg

DSC04330.jpg

DSC04333.jpg

main area's of concern:

DSC04337.jpg

DSC04335.jpg

DSC04336.jpg

I always have a hard time convincing myself to wash since I want to try to get as much wear as possible so I'll leave it to SuFu, wash now and get them repaired or rock em for another month and hope they dont fall apart?

2hxwxvp.jpg

i know these are too big, too many, yada yada, so sue me( or neg rep, i dont care).

heres my(shitty) pics. in descending order:

1).the 6th pocket i sewed on ( sam 19oz denim) to hold my zippo flints and wicks,

2).just some of the repairs to fix various knee rips. the right leg just got repaired again today, but i forgot to take the pics( its further down on the leg) maybe next time...

3).6th pocket again

4).right back pocket . as you can see, the yoke stitching has been replaced , as well as most of the stiching that holds the posterior side together. the red tab(original sam tab found when pocket ripped open) was sewn back on , but its wearing really thin. i already plan to sew a little red rectangle in its place when it finally kicks the bucket. you cant see it, but ive made @ least 20 individual repairs on the back of these alone. all the rough looking spots are my usual "drunk grandma" homemade warp replacement technique.

5).more posterior damage.

6). outside of handmade(handsewn) wallet made from 19 oz. sam denim and bananna yellow thread gordon sent me, i took a razor and cut a thin slice of leather from my late uncles favorite belt, and made the lanyard myself, the blue threads wrapped around the leather ends are grafted kaihara warp threads, and the yellow are from BIG soho. red moon is nice, but im broke...plus ive never seen this before.

7). interior wallet selvage.

8). the worlds youngest denim nerd.

9).my non-existent combs.

salaami's 510's are too dope. I've never seen another pair of jeans on here look remotely like those, shits gonna turn sufu on its head. I can't wait to see those in another 6 months if you keep wearing them, theres some serious denim engineering goign on there.

We need full front/back shots though!

slush, we gotta stop gushing over each other's denims so much, the jig is up! everybody knows were both from the same city! ha! i refuse to post anymore pics of these until our next meetup(whenever that is, sorry!!!) my sister's cam is shit, and you take better pics anyway... since you're the only person from sufu to see them in person, i guess they'll have to take your word for gold...big up to leo leeroy...

i crossposted some of the pics already. duck, a complement from you is like 5 from anyone else. keep us posted on the mr freedoms. i bet the red x marks are taking over by now. since im known for beating up jeans now, maybe i'll get invited to join one of those dd+1/scrawny 13 type projects...

18 months of continuous wear, including construction/roofing work, horseback riding, skirt-chasing, junkie-smacking, sleeping,chronic-rolling, bottle-feeding, rubblerousing, and general tomfoolery. no quality pics until poopslush takes em' for me. but trust, the parts that look white are really that worn. in certain parts theres only indigo left between the serge (twill)lines. my wallet is raw, unsoaked denim, identical to the denim in my jeans, so you can gauge from there how far they've come fade-wise. without my repairs, these jeans would've been unwearable a long time ago. ive basically replaced all of the threads that hold the back of the jeans together, so i can give them more beating. the pockets/pocket bags have been repaired @least a dozen times due to tears/holes. and then the knees(as you can see) are constantly in disrepair. i just fixed a rip/hole yesterday before i posted, and i still have more to fix. you kinda have to see these in person...