The Evolution of Jeans: Pictures, Scones and Tea

Guest bed

Here are my Jean Shops after their first wash... maybe 5 or 6 months. Not quite sure. Washed them in extremely cold water with a minimum amount of washing powder. No spin cycle and hang dry. They shrank back to where I wanted them and no more.

jeanshopsafterfirstwashew3.jpg

jeanshopsafterfirstwashfs3.jpg

jeanshopsafterfirstwashvm8.jpg

jeanshopsafterfirstwashca4.jpg

I am rather impressed with these jeans. I washed them last weekend and they didn't look much different, but since then the indigo has been falling like crazy... in all the right places. These were bought rinsed (one wash, no distressing), but I guess Jean Shop has come out with an X denim which is completely dry and I think a little heavier also and stiff as all get out. I recommend to anyone who likes a nice subtle look with little added bonus' like the orange selvedge, selvedge crotch, stitched logo on leather tab, orange pockets, orange lines back pockets, a couple others also.

rnrswitch - Jean shops look awesome, post wash, I like the orange thread

andrew - those are sweet jeans, are you rotating those in with your PBJ's? I think they could use a wash, you'll appreciate the fit after and they LOOK funky, very funky. Like skin eating bacteria smell brings on nausea funky.

Have been wondering for a while howcome that large fade-spot on the right-back pocket often seems to appear? Is it due to a large stresspoint when wearing or due to something everbody is wearing in their back pocket, a wallet of some kind maybe ?

rnrswitch - Jean shops look awesome, post wash, I like the orange thread

andrew - those are sweet jeans, are you rotating those in with your PBJ's? I think they could use a wash, you'll appreciate the fit after and they LOOK funky, very funky. Like skin eating bacteria smell brings on nausea funky.

i think i wear these more than the pbj at the moment. i think ill have the pbj tapered a bit when i go home to california in a few weeks. my friend had a pair of jean shops tapered and the result was extremely successful, so i may do this. as for the lees, yes they are extremely funky. like literally stiff with funk. i have a feeling there is an entirely different color living under the layer of buildup.

Guest jeffvyain

went home for break so i stole my momma's camera. unfortunately, it was a little late and getting dark, so the pics aren't perfect, but it was the first time i've had a digital camera to play with in like 3 months, so here it is:

s5000vx since july-ish. washed twice. will get another one soon. size 30 on a 6'1 165ish frame.

DSCF2677.jpg

DSCF2678.jpg

DSCF2680.jpg

DSCF2681.jpg

been really struggling to get some good combs on these.

Jeffvyain that fit looks great. Thanks for adding your measurements too - knowing that I'm pretty much exactly your size, and this a perfect guide for me. I'm bookmarking your post...

...fuck, why am I so happy about some guy's pictures and measurements.

APC NS 9 Months: 1 Dry Clean, 1 Wash

Pre-wash -

207907535.jpg

207907557.jpg

207908913.jpg

After-wash (Morning after) -

207907556.jpg

207907744.jpg

I'm not sure how I feel about the initial wash. I am glad that they shrunk a little bit all around though. They were getting a little baggy.

Dunno if its the picture, but did they turn all yellow-ish after the wash?

I think it's just the picture. The lighting in the bathroom is real yellow. Here are the after-pics with flash:

I guess, I see pictures of jeans after the first wash and sure, they don't look THAT great. People get too discouraged after the first wash...it's where you see the most progress...but it's after the 3rd and 4th wash that you really start defining the wear. I think too many people give up on their dry denim after washing just once, expecting them to look better than they do.

Just remember, this is NOT the END result. There shouldn't be an END result with dry denim...unless of course you're just really burnt out on wearing them.

Bottom line: There's plenty of indigo left in these APCs. Just keep wearing them like you were and you'll be pleasantly surprised at the result.