The Evolution of Jeans: Pictures, Scones and Tea

Guest bed

Yeah, looks very sandpapery to me as well. They have that torn-up look about them that looks out of place considering how moderately faded the jeans are. This is the first really faded pair of diors I've seen, though, so I don't have a lot to go on.

Seriously though, killer looking jeans. I cannot decided between these and a pair of skulls for the life of me.

Why do you say that? They are a slim jeans, and the combs look very 3D. Further, they have been worn for 5 mos.

Making comments like that without thinking about it will get you beat up around here ;).

i could care less if he used sandpaper. i've used sandpaper on my earnest sewns and i like them. if he likes the look then that's all that matters. i was just saying that i think these diors look sandpapered. the fade of the honey combs don't match up with that of the front and ass. and to be honest, it just doesn't look natural. look at some of the lines. some are really defined and show signs of ripping...some are right on top of one another. i don't think that happens naturally.

aw look, kids are even cuter in Samurais... :)

some incredible fades recently...

heres my Levis A-type 606'ers....just gave them a warm machine wash at 6 months of moderate wear with Woolite Black (along with numerous soaks before wearing because they were stiff as hell and i didnt know they were resin baked)....the resin baked denim stunts the fading process...but i prefer dark jeans so its not a big deal...i may be selling these if anyone is interested as theyre two sizes too big in the waist for me...pm if you're interested or want more info

a-types2.jpg

a-types1.jpg

edit: btw, the tag size is 32 but the measurements are waist 33, length 31.5" (hemmed) and leg opening 6.25" across....and 606 is the skinniest Levis fit

Why do you say that? They are a slim jeans, and the combs look very 3D. Further, they have been worn for 5 mos.

Making comments like that without thinking about it will get you beat up around here ;).

I was actually gonna mention the sanding thing but refrained until I saw this; the bright white over dry/indigo background is pretty indicative, no? Sanding over starch, we've seen it a million times here...

I guess my untrained eye gets fooled. Though, I did not take exception to the other pics.

Just for the record, I thought the smiley would be indicative enough, but I was joking about making accusations and all that. Just poking fun at the "hey did you sandpaper?" and the usual response of "no way asshole, I wore them in like that is 4 days."

Cheers