The Evolution of Jeans: Pictures, Scones and Tea

Guest bed

Cross-post from Sugarcane thread...

Just gave my 1966's a soak last night (countless soaks and washes, not sure how many?) and decided to snap some photos to document progress. Just about 7 months give or take with light wear as of late so not much difference in fades as my last update...One of my slower pairs since I'm wearing them so loose, but in my opinion this is not a bad thing!

Still drying...

IMG_1169.jpg

Yoke is really starting to rope up

IMG_1141-1.jpg

Knees fading the most, tracks coming through as well

IMG_1165.jpg

Ripping up at the cuff creases!

IMG_1117.jpg

Sitting on the couch messing with background colors...I suck at photography!

IMG_1133.jpg

Would be interested to see any other 1966's out there? Particularly cheep?

haven't been on much recently, finally got some good pics of my 660s. yes, i know they're destroyed. battery acid will destroy denim. they're semi-retired...

bought jan 3, 2009. washed probably 10-15 times. more pics in warehouse thread.

color is pretty true.

warehousefront.jpg

warehousefullback.jpg

x-post from LVC thread.

1947. bought july of 2008. worn and washed A LOT. at least 6 months before first wash. should've bought a size up. more in LVC thread

lvcfront.jpg

lvcback.jpg

@xrevengex:

Already posted in LVC thread, but I'll say it again, great pairs.

Battery acid has eaten away my APC's, as well. It does a surprisingly great job of making worn out jeans look awesome. All in all, really great pairs.

my sister took back her camera, iphone pics will have to do.

710's 9-10 months, worn almost daily. 3-4 washes and time for another one.

pockets and crotch falling apart, heading home to visit the parents in a few weeks so my mom will work her magic on them then!

photo-1216.jpg

photo-376.jpgphoto-1379.jpg

photo-2399.jpg

photo-1918.jpg

Oh mah gaaah!

I love the color on these.

im looking for a roll of nice selvage( doesn't have to be super rare hank dyed zimbabwe-cotton woven on a hand-carved wooden loom by a japanese hermit living atop mt. fuji) at least 5-6 feet long. i'll just assume its 29-30 inches wide. i would post this in the supermarket but more cats check here so im more than willing to take negative comments and -rep for this...the denim will be worth it. if you've got it PM me with a price...holla!

I haven't tried them, but here's a site to check out for selvage denim:

http://www.shuttleloomdenim.com/

i've relized lately that i love denim a lot more than i love jeans...if anyone can understand...

since i've been wearing my denim izaar i've realized how much more comfy the 'skirt' style is than jeans

since izaars are traditional indonesian steez im wondering why some of the brothers out there havent come up with the raw denim-izaar thing a while ago. since i didn't have any pockets to put my junk(no, not that junk) into, i transformed the wallet i made out of samurai denim years ago into a waist-pack using some trusty tandy leather scraps + hardware and a belt i ripped lengthwise. worked out perfectly.

i've relized lately that i love denim a lot more than i love jeans...if anyone can understand...

since i've been wearing my denim izaar i've realized how much more comfy the 'skirt' style is than jeans

since izaars are traditional indonesian steez im wondering why some of the brothers out there havent come up with the raw denim-izaar thing a while ago. since i didn't have any pockets to put my junk(no, not that junk) into, i transformed the wallet i made out of samurai denim years ago into a waist-pack using some trusty tandy leather scraps + hardware and a belt i ripped lengthwise. worked out perfectly.