The Evolution of Jeans: Pictures, Scones and Tea

Guest bed

Anyone care to explain wtf this is... Looks like my jeans been secreting its love nectar...

DSC00102-1.jpg

Also ran into a dilema...

My jeans are soo dirty from riding, they irritated the skin on my calves.

I feel theyre too young to wash or soak...

Be grimey, go out like a man and ride the fuck out of my jeans for a day and THEN wash, or wash because thats just gross...

Hm

taste it and if it's salty... it's salt

or jizzums ..

but yeah also I just thought of something - if it's heavy salt buildup from you sweating then water alone probably wont do the trick completely ..

Maybe you should drink lots more water though if you dont now ...

Anyone care to explain wtf this is... Looks like my jeans been secreting its love nectar...

DSC00102-1.jpg

Also ran into a dilema...

My jeans are soo dirty from riding, they irritated the skin on my calves.

I feel theyre too young to wash or soak...

Be grimey, go out like a man and ride the fuck out of my jeans for a day and THEN wash, or wash because thats just gross...

Hm

I think it's the resin flaking off the denim. I get it on my nudie RRDS. My nudies are relatively old (ie. i think they've been on the shelf/storage for a couple of years) so I don't know if the resin has degraded or something. What's the background of your jeans?

Denim dandruff.

Is that the 101Z? Am interested in what you finally do with it stun.

If you're gonna have it dry-cleaned (which I'd suggest if it's already a perfect fit, the tags on this say that they'll shrink after washing), make sure you specify no ironing. You could also ask the dry cleaner what that powder is.

Heres an update.

I decided to rinse them out in the shower. Why? Cuz I got impatient with a washing machine, and wanted to wear them today anyways.

Hung em up over night woke up early to check on em. They were still damp, so I went out riding in them for a few (just got back.)

The waist shrank to about 3/4s of the original waist size. Length wise, I cant remember. They dont stack anymore tho.

Anyways... Some pics... Shitty pics...

DSC00109-1.jpg

DSC00108-1.jpg

Pardon the mangina effect...

DSC00112-1.jpg

Shitty pics... I'll try and get better pics of the lap fading later wen the sun out...

*note*

Theyre still slightly damp, so theyre real dark.

If they're dirty, smelly, etc. just wash them. It's not bad to wash your jeans, in fact they'll probably last longer if you wash the sweat and salt out.

I agree.. I understand when some people wanna wear them for a longer time but if youre jeans are so fucking dirty it irritates your skin then something is wrong.

I'm not the hardcore (or smelly) type so I washed my diors after 2½ months, if anything they looked better after the wash. the were a bit stiffer, shrunk just a bit but still being comfortable and I think the color/fade evened out a little. so washing really isn't that bad if you do it every now and then.

Just got my CDP-555 today.. I know I dont have any after pics, but Ill post the before, adn come back periodically with updates... starting from today.. I got them 28x35 (tag states they will shrink to this size), they were more like 30x37..

2nr3uir.jpg

Put in in warm water (warm being what my washing machine considers warm) for 1.5 hours (water was still warm after I took them out). Pots were to put some weight on it to soak all the denim (parts of it were coming above the surface). Water was slightly tinted blue when I took it out

2ec44ll.jpg

Now, hanging to dry outside overnight I guess.. its very cold outside, but should be OK... seem to have shrunk a bit, looks like the leather patch got a little wrinkly so it must have shrunk. Can't tell if the color changed at all, but I dont think so... Seems to be dripping alot of indigo though onto the floor.. either way, so far so good.. I found a perfect little spot to hang them

484o1mh.jpg

2zgw684.jpg

Sorry if you guys aren't interested in this, this is very exciting for me thats all...

I'm interested. Please post pictures of the fit after they've dried!

I agree - they look cool, but I'm curious to see the fit.

Thanks,

-Jake

It is time for me to make an update for my Samurai S0110XJ. However, I am not certain how long I had been wearing this Samurai. I think it is like a 3-4 months wear. Enjoy.

102506Front.jpg

102506Back.jpg

102506FLPocket.jpg