The Evolution of Jeans: Pictures, Scones and Tea

Guest bed

yes...i remember reading that cowboys would wear their jeans with an ironed crease as well as starch to make the jeans look fresh. does the sandpaper help the jeans to crease naturally down the leg even without ironing?

also, are the arcs also painted on a la wartime levi's?

all in all a very comfortable looking pair of jeans. :)

Actually, cowboys starch their jeans because it makes the jeans somewhat water proof.

really? I think if I'd feel a little dissonance if I wore mine for that long, and paid as much as I imagine those cost, and they looked like that.

i would much rather have a pair of NICE quality jeans, that didnt have that "wow"-fade to them, than having a cheap pair of easy-fade jeans that had a nice fade... afterall jeans will reflect the way you wear them, some are just a bit slower in the process..

i would much rather have a pair of NICE quality jeans, that didnt have that "wow"-fade to them, than having a cheap pair of easy-fade jeans that had a nice fade... afterall jeans will reflect the way you wear them, some are just a bit slower in the process..

I don't get your point.

Also, by cheap do you mean less expensive or lesser quality? Either way, I don't think there is a direct relationship to either and fading.

I guess Its probably debateable as to whether a jeans ability to fade nicely is part of their quality or not, but either way, personally, if I'm going to pay a couple hundred dollars for a pair of jeans I would like for them to look nice.

I don't get your point.

i'm saying that some people are trying too acheive really nice fades by wearing their jeans in a way that isnt what they normally do (sleep in them etc.). And the same people get dissapointed by seeing jeans that dont have as many whiskers or as deep honeycombs as their own "non-lifestyle"-worn jeans..

Also, by cheap do you mean less expensive or lesser quality? Either way, I don't think there is a direct relationship to either and fading.

jeans that i really dont care that much about are jeans like apc, nudie, cheap monday, JR Cali and so on... and these jeans fade a lot quicker, you must admit that..

I guess Its probably debateable as to whether a jeans ability to fade nicely is part of their quality or not, but either way, personally, if I'm going to pay a couple hundred dollars for a pair of jeans I would like for them to look nice.

Agreed.. But would you like to pay money for jeans that will look great but at the same time is made from poor quality fabric ?

the color on these is EXCELLENT. what did you do in them?

Nothing special. Just everyday activities like walking, sitting, sitting while driving.

But to add to the current conversation, I'm for quality jeans all the way. Fading is just a little bonus. My APCs have faded tremendously fast, while my Flatheads look almost untouched. But...I like the way my flathead's quality and fit more.

right.

iron hearts are extreme quality jeans that have a slow gentle fade.

but this slow fade doesnt mean that the jeans are as good as other brands.

"quality" jeans can't have an exact definition. You could take Onis which are some of the slubbiest jeans ever that are " high quality" or Eternal 872s which are some of the streakiest which are "high quality" or Iron Hearts which are made of 21 oz selvage denim, yet they are some of the softest most simply built jeans ive had.

All these are quality products in their own right.

In the end, quality is something of a personal preference, a good fit might be "quality" to one person and slubby thick denim might be "quality" to another. Well thats what I think!

Although... IH's don't just fade slow because they do. IH said they made them like that to achieve a more contrasted fade over time. Which I guess makes sense.