The Evolution of Jeans: Pictures, Scones and Tea

Guest bed

those new cures look really great. I'm surprised you were able to wash them that much and retain color like that, as APC's seem to lose color surprisingly quickly when washed. You had better patch those pockets if you plan on wearing them more though, you wouldn't want to them to end up torn up like those NS that got posted a few pages ago haha.

Nudie RRDG. About 2 years old. Not really worn since the first year really. Only when I go out to a pub and dont want my sammies to get all smokey or to the beach n stuff.

3 washes. (ps. dont mind the pink, its something my camera does when it sees a lot of light, and the door is glossy)

SNC10955.jpg

SNC10956.jpg

SNC10958.jpg

SNC10959.jpg

And also my Edwin ED47s. These Ive bought about a year ago. I wore them all the time for about 6 months, then kind of retired them when my Samurai came. The denim became a lot streakier, especially after I got caught in torrential rains and was soaked to the bone. Theyre a lot lighter, and kind of looser than my Samurai and Nudies, so ill prolly wear them more during summer. No washes.

SNC10949.jpg

SNC10950.jpg

SNC10971.jpg

As you may have noticed, Im not the most active guy in the world, haha

corbin, cures look awesome, you like the fit of the NS or the cure better?

thanks everyone, and nice nudies posted above. and i like the veritcal falling on those eternals watchman.

i like the fit of the cures more

they look better with most shoes

and just have a better overall silhouette

but i think a happy medium between NS and NC would suit me best though

i was thinking maybe pbj xx005 as my next pair.

i definitely dont want another pair of apc as my next jean

as they all seem to fade the same, and i get bored with that.

but pbj are miighhttyy damn pricy for me at least. so i dont know what my next jean will be.

exyoung, what was the stretch like on those?

These are really good looking jeans imo.

heres some pics of mine that are unworn because they are too small...

i think they went up a waist size. i am usually a size 32, and thats what i got. now they are up to an inch wider. the cinchback helps as u know, its a pretty rough denim, but you can wear it out.

I realized that the flare is the back pockets sewn too far out, its the far edge that pushes the hip out. When I talked to Grodon he said it was common.

It can be also if you wear your jeans too low (usually you take a size or two bigger because of this).

jw01.jpg

jw2.jpg

jw3.jpg

jw4.jpg

My 12 year old Jeans West jeans that I bought for $40. They were in dark wash, which was the closest thing to raw that I could buy at the time. I wore them pretty consistently for 7 years and had been retired for about 5 years now. Found them while I was rummaging around. They were washed every week with the laundry and given a good hot wash when I first got them. No honeycombs to speak of (don't know why, maybe because I washed them every week), but the fade is nice. The holes were made by droplets of hydrochloric acid (I used to wear them in the lab). Apologies for the crappy phone camera pics.