The Evolution of Jeans: Pictures, Scones and Tea

Guest bed

wow a lot of nudies on this page. Guess ill be adding my RRDS there.

evo0fk9.jpg

1 week

evo1eh1.jpg

2 or 3 months wear.

evo2bo7.jpg

Washed Cold at around 3 or 4 months.

evo3lx0.jpg

Right now at around 5 months but im not really sure because ive worn these with my other projects at the same time although my Ralfs always get the most wears.

i agree, as much as the wear part. it seems to me that the "best wear=most wear". i would be inclined to wear a pair of onis or sams more because they are better overall. once i got some sams, my nudies are for wash days, which obviously arent that often. im a bit ocd, so if it doesnt have hidden rivets, or other throwback details, i cant rock em.

i dont see best wear=most wear. i think the entire process shows, and i perfer to see jeans that were well loved... the ones that you can tell the owner cared... and wore because of the jeans not because of the fading. starch makes for more wear, as does not washing even if your jeans have piss and puke and shit on them, but i dont feel that it gives the best fading.

Thats some clean crotch reinforcement you have there ... I'm thinking about reinforcing some of my jeans in a similar way...did you use those raw jean swatches you can get at Walmart for that?

I have no idea to be honest, I brought them to Grant Cleaner in SF and they patched it up for me... only cost me like $10 or $15...

Samurai 510wx from the Self Edge x Superfuture party. Soaked one week after. I liked the ass and upper thigh fit, weight and details on them so I got them tapered after about 2 weeks of wear + stretching.

Before tapering:

CIMG0125.jpg

After tapering + wear:

CIMG0708.jpg

The belt is Levis. The leahtergoodsconnection keychain loop screw fell out so I use a carabiner clip now.

CIMG0701.jpg

The wallet is from leathergoodsconnection.com

CIMG0705.jpg

The bottom arc started coming undone + a fat line from the wallet.

CIMG0712.jpg

I usually stick my hands in my backpockets when I'm bored, any tips on repairing this?

CIMG0709.jpg

CIMG0700.jpg

CIMG0707.jpg

my pocket ripped in the same place from skating. i just took a needle and thread and basicly did what looks like a bartack... of course mine sint a clean tear like that... lots of weft all over so you cant see the repair... otherwise id show pics.

Here are some 5EP Low Down Boot Resin jeans that I have had for around 13 months. They have around 9 months of wear into them. These photos are after the 6th wash with Dr. Bronner's. In reality, the jeans are darker and have more of a greenish hue to them, but my Nikon refuses to capture that.

dscn2392fk2.jpg

dscn2396cn1.jpg

dscn2393se7.jpg

dscn2397pj4.jpg

there wasn't any special method for washing with my pair. i wore them to work at a bakery for a couple of months, then quit and continued wearing them around whereever i went.

the soakes included water and nothing else, the washes included sometimes hot water sometimes cold, sometimes detergent and others not.

i didn't try and take care of these in anyway other than the cuff area due to high wear areas ripping.