The Evolution of Jeans: Pictures, Scones and Tea

Guest bed

I'm going to post these since all of my jeans are being shelved in a couple weeks due to the sammy contest and nothing's going to happen to them for a while

SD103s and I got them in March. Washed 3 times at this point

1st time in June

7-15-06-front.jpg

7-15-06-back.jpg

Late Sept

9-25-06-front.jpg

9-25-06-back.jpg

2 days ago

10-15-06-front.jpg

10-15-06-back.jpg

mcflip-------those 103s look great!

i love how they look after the first wash----that ocean blue peeking out while the rest is still ultra dark.

the honeycombs are very well formed. and you've got a nice lap fade going on. very very nice.

i am surprised that wallet fade is so subtle.

i am surprised that wallet fade is so subtle.

That's probably because I'm broke.

Also, the lighting sucked for the last pics. I also noticed that they oddly looked richer in the 2nd set of pics... They lost very little indigo besides the heavily fading areas. Man, it would suck to have your jeans go backwards.

Guest jeffvyain

yea, that last picture's lighting is just a bit weird, but those jeans are looking NIIIIIIIIIICE. i'd say keep up the good work, but....

don't get discouraged with the sams. they take a long ass time to bust.

Kind of off topic - but did you guys know that "dry" cleaning actually isn't dry at all .

They wash in a washing machine like device that spins and tumbles and such and the solution IS liquid , there is just no water involved .

Also - at the dry cleaners discretion they sometimes wash garments in standard soap/water solution and not the dry clean solution .

So maybe when getting your jeans dry cleaned you should be even MORE specific besides requesting that they not be pressed ..

I.E. That they use the dry solution instead of water

I read something about this before (maybe here), and a highly scientific answer came to the conclusion (IIRC) that though the solution is liquid, the garment does not get wet in some sense, thus the negative effects of water are taken out of the equation. Hmm, that did not go well....

i think i might post an updated pics of my apc new standards taht i washed in that river

i gave them a second wash the other day

i woke up and felt soo good, it felt like a perfect day for a wash.

they look pretty nice and i love how they ahve turned out

i should get some picsup in a bit.

we're waiting...

seriously

Guest Berget__

Levis Red. Just turned 3 years. 3 washes. First at ~2-3 months, second at ~1.5 years, ant the last one at ~2.5 years. Ist really hard to capture their true color in photos. The best photo is the one with flash. But they are a bit darker IRL.

No flash

pict0064aq9.jpg

With flash

pict0063mb4.jpg

Guest Fade to Black

3 washes in 3 years that's crazy....how did that happen, did they just fade a lot in between the washes? I always thought washing was what was required in order to settle the fade...

Guest Berget__

FTB: When I first got them i was a total denim noob. I spilled some shit on them after 2 months so i washed them. Then I learned that you shouldn't wash dry denim like normal denim so I just kept on wearing them a lot and washed them when they really needed it. They faded a lot between the washes. The washes just seem to lighten them up a bit since It removes all the dirt I've been collecting for 1.5 years ;)

Dismal: Yeah they do. Theyre sanforized so they dont shrink or twist...a lot.

thanks for the kind words

These are my 52 year old mother's weekend jeans. She's in scrubs most of the time so these have been worn occasionally for work around the house and in the garden and washed frequently for the last 5-6 years. It doesn't show in the photos, but they are paper thin in the faded areas.

(They are of course some lame Levi's model for older women, but I like the wear)

soljeans2.jpg

soljeans1.jpg

I wear my jeans a lot harder, they always rip before I get anywhere near this overall fade. Not sure about the honeycombs (in a non-honeycomb stripe pattern) on just one leg though. As far as I can tell, her knee movement is the same on both sides.

soljeans3.jpg

These are my 52 year old mother's weekend jeans. She's in scrubs most of the time so these have been worn occasionally for work around the house and in the garden and washed frequently for the last 5-6 years. It doesn't show in the photos, but they are paper thin in the faded areas.

(They are of course some lame Levi's model for older women, but I like the wear)

I wear my jeans a lot harder, they always rip before I get anywhere near this overall fade. Not sure about the honeycombs (in a non-honeycomb stripe pattern) on just one leg though. As far as I can tell, her knee movement is the same on both sides.

haha at first i thought they were your mothers 52 year old jeans and i was like DAMN, but then i figured out you meant your mom was 52... sweet fade, were they raw or onewash or just somekind multiwash? how dark were they originally is i guess what i meant

haha at first i thought they were your mothers 52 year old jeans and i was like DAMN, but then i figured out you meant your mom was 52... sweet fade, were they raw or onewash or just somekind multiwash? how dark were they originally is i guess what i meant

They were dark, onewash I guess. Definately not raw.

And she's been washing them pretty much all the time.

Levis Red. Just turned 3 years. 3 washes. First at ~2-3 months, second at ~1.5 years, ant the last one at ~2.5 years. Ist really hard to capture their true color in photos. The best photo is the one with flash. But they are a bit darker IRL.

No flash

pict0064aq9.jpg

With flash

pict0063mb4.jpg

i will say that i love levis fades. even their one rinse state jeans fade better than most of what i see up here. congrats. i need another pair of levis again. been years now since i bought a pair.

pics of the fit on those?

Nope. Had to photograph them while she was at work and I couldn't bring myself to put them on (they'd be waaaay too short on me and probably not work wonders for my ass.. haha). I think they were a 595 or something.

On her, they fit like a regular straight grown-up jean. With some extra room around the hips and a medium rise.