japan :: tokyo :: general

lamscott

we only stayed for like 30 mins. bunch of booty secretary OL's trying to hit on rich white guys. ended up bar hopping then eating udon at 4am. yumm.

シータクでギロッポンから始発一時間前に帰宅ですかwwwwwww?

まぁ昨日は色々楽しかったっす。

she looks innocent

and

she is innocent

Random Tokyo Summer Trendspottingses.

Is it just me or has a variation on the Ameri-college-douchebag style gained some significant ground in Tokyo lately? I feel like there are way more popped collars than there used to be, and in general casual styles have shifted distinctly preppier.

I actually like check patterns, gingham, etc. on the nantucket tip that are popular for button ups and girls dresses.

But....lately, flip flops? It seems like up until very recently it was trashy to wear flip flops/cheap looking sandals without a back in Tokyo, but these days I see them a lot. Gladiator sandals are one thing, but I see more Aeropostalean trash than that.

Is this some kind of 逆輸入 that I don't know about?

Do I not read enough Mens-Non-no?

What do you think is hot this summer?

I don't really think thats it actually.

Because, well tourists have been wearing that shit for years and looked bad doing it.

I think this is kind of an adaptation of "western" trends, because it still has some Japanese Amerikaja elements in it.

If Japanese people just wanted to imitate westerners they could have done 20 years ago the first time they Uncle Sam in tube socks and some new balance.

Why does it seem popular/acceptable now?

The trad/preppy/american casual look has had a recent resurgence in Tokyo.

Think tom browne/tim hamilton/band of outsiders + summer accessories (beach sandals/deck shoes).

You'll notice a ton of Jap labels doing satorial twists on American standards like the preppy arm stripe cardigan with large chest embelm.

Now add gal-o/surfer steez and you get a Abercrombie Fitch/Diesel dliuted variant.

What you are witnessing on the street is the by-product of these trends.

today i b wearing band of outsiders top siders + steven alan pantz + lyle and scott polo

country club steez

I think it'd help if you'd tell people whereabouts in Japan you are, or whereabouts you will be.

I'll be around Ginza, Harajuku, Shinjuku, Shibuya area probably. Been to Tokyo a couple of times..Tried a couple of places, but they were just ok.

Do you guys know any great Yakitori place? Been craving for some Chicken Skin Yakitori.

For grimey salaryman style, Omoide yokocho. Shinjuku.

Otherwise, a lot of gaijin sweat Birdland in Ginza for using free range. http://r.tabelog.com/tokyo/rstdtl/13004097/

But my J-friends like this place http://r.tabelog.com/tokyo/rstdtl/13020732/ in Gotanda. Chicken skin there is bomb.

if you see a tall gud-looking japanese man wearing acne max cash, kitsune x bonjour tee, white cons, and margiela bracelet in omotesando today, thats me.

will take you to montoak for free. free coffee niggas.

herp has no game

and loves jpop

mrip has no game

and loves jpop

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused: