onemancult

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

/oh_j

add away.

-----

i personally am about to have more grey/black denim than indigo, for fall and winter, and im really enjoying that prospect. i'd like to mix it up with a pair of uniqlo's new red jeans as well, will have to try them on...

Ok so I know this picture is terrible, and the outfit isn't that good either.

05-26-07_1007.jpg

Cheap Monday tight prest red or something to that effect.

I really like these jeans a lot. They remind me of my punk rock days (though I never wore pants that tight when I was a kid) and all the oldschool punk bands that I loved back in the day.

The thing with an article of clothing that's so conspicuous is that you can't wear it that often, otherwise you do end up being "the guy with red pants."

Some people say you gotta have some kind of rocknroll attitude to wear certain clothes, but I don't really agree. I think the "don't give a fuck" mentality will get you there more than some type of self-inflated ego.

the next denim contest should have been a color denim fade.

Garment dyed denim would fade like shit. Maybe if someone did coloured denim with white wefts, in the manner of black and grey denim.

Actually, if denim companies did pastel shades with white weft threads I could maybe get on board with some different colours than indigo/black/grey.

Guest Mayhem

^are you talking like thin finns dry black coated but another color than black?

i might buy some red denim now, just to see if they do fade like shit....i wonder how shitty.

This is fairly mainstream if thats a concern to some .After the grand opening of Topman on the busiest shopping street in the country(im in Ireland) the main mannequin in the window was wearing skinny red jeans and waistcoat . + they have a shitload of other colours and horrible kitschy miami vice style grafik tees. And when something is big in this country its over everywhere else.

It's all a bit Euro-pervert with the hair/sunglasses/beard combo.

Either that or the local rapist at Disneyland Paris is on some next-level shit.

That has to be one of the funniest things I've ever read on this site. It was so funny I called my co-workers to read it in addition to looking at the picture. However, I think OP of pic looks fine in the denim.

I think it takes a specific personality type to wear this, especially for men. I think as trend for women it is less daring as menswear tends to be relatively more conservative. I think the real litmus test for this trend being truly over in America is if you see an Old Navy commercial advertising $20 or $30 skinny colored denim for women and more importantly men.

At this point I still think skinnies are a hard sell for the majority of men. When skinny denim has become what bootcut was for the 90's for men, then we can finally start talking about colored skinnies being over.

Colored denim is something that many lines have been showing for a couple seasons now. Its a mixed bag kind of deal, many lines dropped plans to release colored denim and many went through with it. Ksubi did really well this past season with their womens colored (electric blue, peach, red, yellow), and I know Diesel did fairely well with their colored womens as did Rich & Skinny. But Nudie/Denimbirds for example had a full spectrum of colors slated just to put the brakes on it when buyers were too scared to write it. The darker shades of colored denim we are seeing going into AW07, are good and colored denim is being shown in plenty of SS08 looks (not as much as SS07 but its still there), so we'll see. I wouldn't mind seeing colored denim produced with a white weft instead of just garment dyed, as well as more coated denim.

I'm not going to lie. I was bored in urban outfitters while the gf was trying a bunch of shit on and i tried a pair of the BDG men's skinny jeans in purple. They actually looked really great. It was a nice deeper purple and the fit looked good (kinda dior slim, not cheap monday tight). I was wearing a slim slate grey top and white german army trainers and it looked damn good. I don't think i have the balls to wear it around gainesville though. If i lived in new york, i'd probably wear em', but as much as i don't really care about other's perceptions, it's just a bit much at the moment in my situation.

I'm not going to lie. I was bored in urban outfitters while the gf was trying a bunch of shit on and i tried a pair of the BDG men's skinny jeans in purple. They actually looked really great. It was a nice deeper purple and the fit looked good (kinda dior slim, not cheap monday tight). I was wearing a slim slate grey top and white german army trainers and it looked damn good. I don't think i have the balls to wear it around gainesville though. If i lived in new york, i'd probably wear em', but as much as i don't really care about other's perceptions, it's just a bit much at the moment in my situation.

JUST WEAR THEM!1

Here in Australia, label such as tsubi (before it was ksubi), material boy and flux have been doing coloured denim for at least 3 years. I'm over it now, so I'm looking to offload red tsubis, purple fluxs and bright yellow material boys. But as I said, that's because it's been going around for a long time now - all those ksubi colours mentioned above like electric blue, peach and yellow were from 3 years ago here. I certainly go into it at the time.

If you have the balls for it - go for it. It never hurt me with the ladies. But then again, neither do the raw indigos I favour now.

colored denim is very popular where i come from at the moment (singapore); i've seen everything from ruby red to almost neon green to big bird yellow on skinny chinese kids. and these kids aren't even what I would brand emo. guess it's just the fashion around here now.