SuFu Trendtalk : Colored Denim

onemancult

welcome to the inaugural installment of SuFu Trendtalk, where

everyone gets to weigh in on some sort of marked trend in fashion,

fight about it to the death, and then limp away dejectedly without

having gained much besides enemies.

the first topic? colored denim. outside of the real of indigo and

black, what's your take on colored jeans?

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont know if the rules change when it comes to males females wearing colored jeans.but..I own them and like them...but I keep the top neutral nothing too fancy so i dont look like a cartoon character. If you have great basic tops colored jeans are perfect for showcasing them.=my 2 cents.

I think colored jeans are fine when it comes to females...don't think its allowed with dudes. I was thinking about getting the most recent Alife x Levi's a few months ago...but they just make it look like your trying way to hard.

& i rather not be associated with kids nowadays try to bring back 80s fashion

i like colored / overdyed jeans... i wish Levi's made overdye 505's in other colors besides black, grey and tan, which are what i wear to skate in usually. burgundy, brown, those would be rad. although cords can kinda fill this niche, just not during summer. not opposed to the brighter colors either, i think it can be pulled off....Alife was way ahead of its time w/the overdye 501's in bright colors...

I wouldnt think negatively of a guy in colored jeans as long as its worn well I see it alot at work actually and its actually hot imo. HOWEVER it is usually darker colors..indigo,dark purple,deep red...if i saw a guy in hot pink jeans..thats a different story.

I got the red Dior ones not long ago, but sold it after trying it on. Dont wanna be known by beautiful yet-to-be-known-females as "the guy in the red pants".

Weak.

You gotta have the swagger to rock red pants.

is this thread a joke? hav u forgotten that "sufu doesn't follow trends"? we wear our lame amerikaji denims proud!

i don't mind colored denims. i think ndg did a good job on theirs...but it's pretty boring to me so i don't really wear them. had a pair of colordrive greys i sold...but yea...keep doin what your doin if it's workin for you...i see em on girls a lot n i guess its pretty hot...junglejane look good in em at least.

i'm a bit finicky when it comes to colored denim as well, because a lot of the stuff i've handled feel like overdyed processed/fuzzy junk that'll get worn thru easily--maybe it's soft for comfort, but i still don't like it. There are a few brands that make their jeans well and rigid enough. red CMs and silverfox JBrands are the only colored jeans i'm thinking of buying in the near future.

anyway, does colored denim work for cuts outside of skinny and straight cuts?

How the fuck are we still talking about coloured jeans? There's not even a month left of summer, and then I think the trend can officially be pronounced 'over' after 12 months of arguments and oversaturation on the high street.

ur tkin this too srsly mayne. if we want to go there...then it was over 2 or 3 yrs ago.

ur tkin this too srsly mayne. if we want to go there...then it was over 2 or 3 yrs ago.

True, but I was largely referring to the online debates and that shit polluting my face in every second store I go into.

Anyhow, girls in pastel jeans = hot, everything else = hello I am a hipster cunt, please kick me in the rectum.

Also, in the UK it's very much a nu-rave movement, not a punk one, and the last thing I want to be associated with is that bastard trend.

True, but I was largely referring to the online debates and that shit polluting my face in every second store I go into.

Anyhow, girls in pastel jeans = hot, everything else = hello I am a hipster cunt, please kick me in the rectum.

calling ppl "hipsters" is officialy over.

i dont think the trend is over until it hits the non-fashion inclined mainstream.

a lot of labels are churning out darker colored, non indigo denim for this fall.

still relevant. there's more to this than just bright red skinnies.

is topman really the basest of litmus tests for when something's hit the mainstream?

don't you people have really dodgy department stores where people who care absolutely nothing about style and like to buy five pairs of the same jean for 10 dollars?

Sears? JC Penney? anything like that? the kind of place that only old people really approve of?

in my estimation, topman is not at all the lowest possible denominator for fashion in the uk- not even close.

Uh...weren't we all saying the same thing about raw denim when these stores started making it. Guys, remember...Gap has selvage denimmmm?

I understand it's different in the UK, but I really, really, really doubt any of the 'mainstream' guys around here are going to put on red pants.