SuFu Trendtalk : Colored Denim

onemancult

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sears? JC Penney? anything like that? the kind of place that only old people really approve of?

Old people have been on that coloured denim steez for years. 20 years ahead of the game.

i love the new uniqlo colored skinnys because they're in pretty neutral tones.

I hate Uniqlo for making their smallest size in the UK 4.5 inches bigger than my true waist size.

There is no fucking way their smallest size in Japan is a 30.

everyone's saying how colored denim is soo 'last year' or 'last 3 months' but I like how I look in my red jeans. I love color so it's a great way to incorporate it into your outfit, as opposed to just wearing a bright top or bright shoes.

poly, my thoughts exactly.

trend forecasters have had colored denim on their radar maybe since two years ago,

but it has taken until this past spring for labels to start producing colored denim products at both low and high price points.

i think people are getting confused because fast-fashion retailers are acting just as quickly on trend forecasting as the more traditionally respected sources of fashion design.

sorry, but i don't typically hang out with folks who get their fashion "inspiration" from GAP or JC Penny...so I get with Double D is saying, by this colored jean trend--especially more electric colors has gotten played out and over saturated the circles more fashionforward/"trendy" ppl may role in--especially coz colored denim was in for the summer. and for me--the signifiers for the beginning of over saturation stateside = h&m and UO ...

and even then--this colored denim thing was happening in their stores for the last few months--for summer. and now they're bringing in the acid wash/black/grey skinnies with zippers. so there that trend goes.

in other words, i agree... colored denim is pretty much dying. at least i hope so and doesn't make a trend reappearance in summer 08. I will still be wearing colored skinnies tho. fuck trends. :]

i have a pair of slate grey acne max mudds that i love. i actually like the idea of colored denim. i had my eyes on a pair of red skinny jeans for a while, but when i went to strike, they were out of my size. i say go for it.

its not about hanging out with folks who style themselves out of GAP or JC Penney, but like it or not, those are mainstream retailers, and from an industry perspective, big box department stores and major retailers like GAP are where the end of the line lies often enough with trends.

saying that a trend is played out with trendy people makes no sense- they're trendy, they're at the forefront, they hop from one thing to the next before anyone else has a chance to catch up. to say that wearing colored denim is no longer trendy is accurate, but it is still a fashion trend.

wat is thsi thread about?

kArL kanni, got purpz? fro,m 1993, i wear.

is cool,, or not cool now? frehs styles, i think,

but briton disagreez.

say skinnee whytebois were dem demins widda color.

well, ANTIK DENIM ON ONE POCKET, RED MONKEY ON THE OTHER say

dat when dey make purpz and redz gon be 2009, i WILL BE

ON

TREND.

:):o:D;):P:mad: :confused: :(:rolleyes: :eek:

lol. OMC why would i care if the trend is still profitable for companies like GAP? trend is "dead" to me if the brunt of the social circles i'm vaguely a part of wear it to death or enough to annoy a significant amount of others (offline or online, heh) -- but again, if i like it, i'll still wear it.

red on some people can look good. it certainly depends on what else you're wearing with it. I've thought about getting some red slim fits but don't know if i could pull them off. Grey and white on the otherhand i'm totally for.

I think the red jeans on guys spot is already blown. Colored skinnys on girls will always be hot. I'm undecided on gray.

I almost bought these though.

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=34871

Would have copped if it wasnt for the distressing.

mOnEy TuFf, why aren't you adding me on ur myspace :( :( :(

i added u before then all ur comments disappeared and then u disappeared from my friends list give me ur link and ill add u again

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=54300295

if i get more than 10 friends i'm deleting myself again. i'm weary of this myspace ish.