Osh Kosh Overall's

Charlie Delta

Did you rock the Osh Kosh B'Gosh Overalls as a kid?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Did you rock the Osh Kosh B'Gosh Overalls as a kid?

• Yes! Denim all the way.
    • Yes! Hickory all the way.
    • Yes! Other, all the way.
    • No way in hell could my mom get me in a pair of these!
    • Ofcourse not, we had toiletpaper rolls for toys, you think we could affort "The Genuine Article"?!?

These are hardly talked about on here and a search also turned up with nothing, I'm wondering why, since they've been around for a long time and I think have also been very widespread.

Posting to see if I can get some interest back in them and maybe make this into a proper topic (need your contributions though...)

I found a deadstock Made in The USA pair while thrifting yesterday. It's not denim but this very light cream cotton with darker specks.

Eventhough they are a rediculous size 40x34 I couldn't pass up on them, as I have a weakness for this fabric in this colour and they slip perfectly over all my clothes, as overalls are originally supposed to be worn.

Apart from a stain on the front of the lower left leg, wich appears to be water damage they are in pristine condition.

I'm curious if anyone out there can tell me a bit more about them, and I just wanted to show them.

I realize deadstock denim ones are probably much more sought after, but I feel that it's a good find anyway.

(I upped the contrast on the pics a bit since you couldn't make out too much detail on the light fabric.)

1258800680_642472977a_o.jpg

front

1258803026_2364036b55_o.jpg

back (heh, still can't make out too much details....)

1258803436_2a43cccf61_o.jpg

back top, pockets are half lined

1258804252_91fdf50750.jpg

1257946329_ece321a6eb.jpg

chambray label on the bib pocket, this come closest to the actual colour

1258801550_2f78d04211.jpg

Four leaf clover buttons, must have some Irish heritage?

1258801978_dc14b942a0.jpg

Talon zipper

1257949029_8b9e72899a.jpg

back aswell as the inseam and the outseam are all triple stitched

1258802496_33f7e1d099.jpg

"the art of deciphering washtags"

If anyone has some info on these or has a pair to show, please do!

I got some osh kosh work pants when I was in Japan several years ago from a workwear type shop in Tokyo. I always thought it was a Japanese brand.They are nothing special if I remember correctly, just tan cotton, like dickies or whatever with zip fly and a plastic top button.

I got a heavy flannel shirt from oshkosh thats pretty nice.

They where huge sellers of overalls of diffrent kinds, but in the 80s they went over to just doing kid clothes (overalls for kids where pretty big earlier aswell). I´ve been looking for some hickory stripe overalls, but no luck yet.

cotton, im pretty sure your´s are painter overalls, since they have the brush loop on the back, between the pockets. the color is a giveaway aswell.

ive understood it as that oshkosh has a bad reputation among most americans, from being a childrens clothes brand nowadays, but they deserve some "respect" or atleast interest for being in the workwear buisness that long. Same with carhartt imo. Paul T´s book names both Oshkosh and Carhartt as competitors to Levis from the beginning. It would be very cool to see some older Oskosh, especially 5pocket jeans.