I'm a fatty

AllNightPony

What is the best method for stretching denim. Should I get them wet and wear them? I have gone up a size or two this past summer. Beyond losing weight (of which I am trying), is there a good way to stretch my current denim over my fat ass. Formerly a 30 to 31 now a 32 to 33 waist. Eating disorders never looked so good.

Please help, I have 1000 dollars worth of cloth that doesn't fit. :confused:

JOe K.

A couple weeks on crack should do the trick.

in my experience, as long as I can get the jeans on, they stretch to fit eventually, usually within a week of wear. If your jeans look too tight and odd on you, just wear them around the house in the evening until they fit right.

Best advice. Unless your jeans have stretch in them. Then no matter how much u gain they will still stretch to fit the same

I find wetting the fabric down with a mixture of fabric softener and water instead of just plain water helps the stretching. Just put a couple of tablespoons of concentrated fabric softener into a small spray bottle and spray the waistband area and wear them when they're still damp. It's also great for use as a wrinkle release spray, too.

Develop some will power and do as Tiranis suggested .

On a personal note I went from 188 to 178 lb about 18mths ago by jogging a few miles a week in addition to some weight training and eating a bit more sensibly . I am still at 178lb , 5ft 7 and a 34" waist and not fat .

Not wanting to bore you further with my own experiences but this might just be natural growth dependent on you age . If not change the lifestyle or you will soon be needing a 34 inch waist .

Make sure your diet consists of as little fat as possible . Get all your fat from nuts . skim milk , whole wheat bread brown rice no white bread / white rice ..

no potatoes unless AFTER your workout no sweets unless AFTER your workouts ( in small portions )

eat 80% of your carbs during your active times so if you go to work at 8 am - high carb breakfast medium carb lunch . eat MORE than 3 meals a day but make them smaller . like 6 meals a day ..

HIGH protein foods keep muscles fed so you dont lose muscle only fat . Egg white noodles , chicken breasts fish one steak a week . lots of veggies n fruit .

no sugars unless natural fruit sugars and try to avoid them alltogether unless AFTER your workouts ..

then a 2-3 day a week weight program and 3 day a week cardio ( alternate days )

cardio NEEDS TO BE 1st thing in the morning when your glucose levels are depleted . before you eat . 30 minutes of medium intensity is fine or 15 of high intensity non stop .

drink tons of water thruout the day it keeps your metabolism regular .

also watermelon and kiwi are good metabolism boosters ..

add fish oil supplement pills or flaxseed to your all-in-one multiple vitamin for the day

it helps your body use the fat it has more correctly .

and im not saying join a gym unless you so desire . a pair of cheap walmart dumbells with the threaded lock downs do the trick . then get (2) 5 , 10 , 15 pound steel weights .total less than $50

walmart also has an adjustable incline/flat/decline bench for less than $50 .

those are all you need for a compact gym in your home you can fold away into a closet .

there's like 100 + exercises I know of for your whole body that you can do with just dumbells and a 2 or 3 way bench .

As well as that most are early/mid 20s or younger and still growing .

If i remember back to when I was in my early 20s (a long time ago !!!) I was about a 30 inch waist , by mid 30s I was a 34 " waist (still therin e40's .

Didnt mean to sound to harsh in my ealrier post .:)

in regards to stretching out denim.Downy wrinkle releaser is supposed to work wonders. under the ingredients it lists a fiber relaxer although it does specifically say what it is. i loosened up my RRDG waist with this stuff and it didnt fade or anything. it seamed to stretch out more than water alone. the only bad thing it did is release some of my creases.

I started my workout plan back in March and it is working very well for me. I have lost about 15 to 20 lbs since then. I am also not that tall too, I am 5' 7.5'' and now 150-152 lbs. What worked for me was working out just about everyday of the week. I have two to three days of weights and another 3 days of cardio. I switch them up so I do not do two cardio sessions back to back or vice versa. I am also biking about 7 miles a day. In addition, I cut out just about all my sugar expect for fruit sugar. Lowered my fat intake and also increased my protein to help keep me going through out the day.

Another thing that helps is drinking a lot of water and having a well balanced diet. And don't forget about your milk and diary which do have fat but are very healthy too.

If you put forth the effort you will see the benefits. Just start out simple and then increase the time and how hard you work out at about the 3rd to 4th week mark. I find that Men's Health Magazine has good exercises and good advice.

Anyways, Good Luck! :)