Airjamie kinda sticks it to RAF in a way.

Guest Airjamie

the design and quality on raf stuff is shitty. the pricing is even shittier. raf simons mainline doesn't even look that nice anymore from what i've seen lately.

as these shoes prove, at this point it's all about the money.

well i paid 300 for those rafs to check them out in person from blackbird. well got 20% off with my superfuture discount card. so i'll post some large pics of them on the 21st when they arrive. also blackbird is doing free shipping on orders over a $100 now.

I have a beautiful mainline shirt with exceptional fabric and silver cuffs but I agree the quality on most is lackluster. It all depends on the individual piece, I've even seen raf stuff that is well made (a sweater and gabardine pants) though it is more of a rarified thing. Bottom line is you can't really generalize.

I just checked these out at Barneys today in white leather and they are actually a really well made shoe. The leather version is a much better buy at $325. The ankle padding is quite comfy and the toe box nice and roomy while still keeping a slim silhouette.