Airjamie kinda sticks it to RAF in a way.

Guest Airjamie

both are kinda uninspired. i think the joy that each would bring me at their respective price points would be equally yuck.

I prefer diamond's rocky joints to either, as well as my Reebok city jams that i got for nothing.

reebok.jpg

I already got the R in play, so allz i have to do is, ex out eebok, and pen in AF.

Guest Airjamie
dude..them sneaks are RAF by...no one even cares.

Ey im sayin. You missing the point. Not a guide on how to make FAFs but pointing out that they are charging 300 for CANVAS sneakers whose styling and finish is on par with a pair of macbeths. I think the macs were even out waaay sooner, not that im saying simons pays attention, but shit man, dudes pulling my nuts here.

Ey im sayin. You missing the point. Not a guide on how to make FAFs but pointing out that they are charging 300 for CANVAS sneakers whose styling and finish is on par with a pair of macbeths.

I hear you on that, and I concur witchoo. I think Blackbird is on point right now, but definately I dont know about canvas steez for three bills.

Guest Airjamie

Oh yeah dude no hate on blackbird at all. I kinda dig the black raw raf jeans they have with that big polkadot patch thing on the back for just over 2. If the rise isnt all low and the quality isnt either i may pick them up. The shoes however are just stupid, more proof that designers adjust their prices to take advantage of the basically nonexistant availability of decent fashion forward mens shoes.

Guest Airjamie
i'll take the raf. an authentic pair of raf simons kinda implies disposable income.

disposable income means more goldigger-pussy.

I dunno man, peep the nasty fucking detailing where they cheeped out on the....uh whatever those parts are. And those cheapass payless looking laces. Ugly as fuck. Looks like whoever they got to sketch these up got a call from his girl and just said fuck it.

gettinshittywithraf.jpg

i'll take the raf. an authentic pair of raf simons kinda implies disposable income.

disposable income means more goldigger-pussy.

true but i dont know many goldiggin bitches who know whats up with Raf Simons let alone know how to pronounce his name. And in the alternative, nobody's gonna know youre wearing Raf Simons unless youre wearing those space boot sneakers (which not only scream of disposable income, but also the ffact that you probably got cocaine stashed in the sneaker pocket).

Guest jmatsu
true but i dont know many goldiggin bitches who know whats up with Raf Simons let alone know how to pronounce his name. And in the alternative, nobody's gonna know youre wearing Raf Simons unless youre wearing those space boot sneakers (which not only scream of disposable income, but also the ffact that you probably got cocaine stashed in the sneaker pocket).

in some foward parts of tokyo they do (even though they can't properly pronounce it).

okay maybe i should just stick to sergio rossi or lanvin then...

Yea man, this has been happening since the dawn of...well, fashion. Them canvas joints aren't that bad looking and untill I see them in person, I can't make any judgement on the quality. The things you circled don't seem to pose any issues though, in fact, I'm not quite sure what's wrong about them?

Guest Airjamie
Yea man, this has been happening since the dawn of...well, fashion. Them canvas joints aren't that bad looking and untill I see them in person, I can't make any judgement on the quality. The things you circled don't seem to pose any issues though, in fact, I'm not quite sure what's wrong about them?

As far as the shit i circled they just look really unfinished. Its obvious that this sneaker is supposed to be less the sleak look raf likes to go for and more of a simple, uncluttered minimal look, and in that sense (and in my opinion) the parts i circled, coupled with the in your face logo on the tounge, really fucks that up. Its akin to him putting out a really poorly cut tshirt with a big "RAF BY RAF SIMONS" logo on the front. While i understand that this is a diffusion brand, this is just a shitty product thats just a blatant advertisement. This would be totally ok from, say, hugo boss or marc jacobs, but this is raf simons, whose design and attention to detail usually speak for itsself. Not to mention it is not a cheap product, and for that price one would usually expect a little more thought put into the sneaker, from raf atleast.

In other news, Airjamie discovers that Dior Homme ripped off Germany Army Sneakers and sticks it to Hedi Slimane...

4 years too late.

Also discovers that Samurai ripped off Levi's...

how he could've missed that when Levi's sued is beyond the grasp of most american families.

I understand what you are saying, but have you handled these sneakers yet? From the pics, the parts aren't unfinished, it's the way the design of the shoe is (there has to be some gap there). As for the logoing, I kind of agree, but that's mostly what Raf by Raf is like (tees, sweatshirts, etc.).

From what I can tell; Raf has great construction on the sneaker, thick canvas, a solid toe box, thick lacing (better than the macbeths), and the ankle area is very well constructed and looks like it provides quite a bit of support.

The Macbeth on the other hand looks to have used really cheap leather, laces are not as nice, the sole is nowhere near as nice, and the ankle is very thin and doesn't look supportive at all.

But we're essentially comparing apples to oranges here. Fact of the matter is, Raf uses grade A materials on his sneakers and works in lower numbers, unlike a Nike or Vans.

mainline and raf by raf fakes exist, more often the raf by raf t-shirts. if you see raf by raf shirts on ebay for hilariously low prices, and the seller has 25 of them, they're not authorized goods.

its RAFF SIH-MUN

I think there's an american way and euro way to pronounce it. Last month, I was discussing some fashion shit with an apparently pretty well known belgian ad exec, and when I mentioned Raf Cy-Mun, she politely responded with, "oh, you like Raf See-Mon?"

That's absurd though... there's only one proper way to pronounce a name, and that's the way Raf himself would say it.

As such I believe the latter is correct, but I could be wrong.