Post your desktops.

seksu!

Yo maybe someone here can help me out.

So I'm trying to change my icons (running Leopard 10.5.6). And basically it works for some things like finder and trash, but not for most other applications. I know how to replace the icons but it seems like my computer is doing something a little weird. When I hit "Get Info" for the replacement icon, I am shown this:

Picture2-2.png

which is obviously not what is supposed to be showing. In the preview on the bottom of that window it shows the icon the way it is supposed to. I tried copying and pasting anyways and end up with this:

Picture1-4.png

which is clearly retarded. Did I miss something along the way? I have tried this with 3 different icon sets with the same results. I'm confused HELP PLS

Yo maybe someone here can help me out.

So I'm trying to change my icons (running Leopard 10.5.6). And basically it works for some things like finder and trash, but not for most other applications. I know how to replace the icons but it seems like my computer is doing something a little weird. When I hit "Get Info" for the replacement icon, I am shown this:

Picture2-2.png

which is obviously not what is supposed to be showing. In the preview on the bottom of that window it shows the icon the way it is supposed to. I tried copying and pasting anyways and end up with this:

Picture1-4.png

which is clearly retarded. Did I miss something along the way? I have tried this with 3 different icon sets with the same results. I'm confused HELP PLS

same thing was happening to me, download a program called img2icns or something like that, it'll convert those images into icon files that osx will recognize

guys with a png try this

make your icon or save a png or whatever.

open the png in preview and edit > copy

get info on whatever app and click on the icon

and edit > paste (or Cmd+V)

in Leopard you do not need .icns.

but with icns it can be different at different sizes (so whoever makes the icon makes a smaller one that looks good in a sidebar or if you use really small icons, whereas a png will be the same image but smaller)

ayo how that windows 7 be treating you?

i'm actually really liking it, it's a huge step up from vista. i'm just gonna rock it on my desktop, i'm buying a mb pro for school.

edit: the RC copy comes out to the public on tuesday (i got it off msdn through work the other day) so cop it when it drops.