WHAT DO YOU DRIVE?

Selegna

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got this pet peeve that I've developed over the years, for people referring to their car as 'make + model + year' as opposed to what I consider the proper format, 'year + make + model'... I find that Asian people do this most often, and yeah 'make + model + year' is standard in many Asian languages, but a lot of these kids can only speak English, so what gives? It sounds fob-tastic....

civicbackle8.jpg

I'm lovin the Hiero sticker!

I don't want to post pictures of my ride, since its a beater. '92 ford explorer with a BAD paint job (midnight blue), no power windows/locks, broken door handles, broken center arm rest, etc....

1998 Civic coupe

just finishing a long, drawn out engine rebuild. the car hasn't been driveable in about a year because i've been away at college and only work on it over the summer and on breaks. the engine is assembled and running and all it needs is a tune, which will hopefully take place over thanksgiving.

here's a couple pictures:

car001.jpg

dizzy008.jpg

I drive a 1971 BMW 2002. I'm thinking about getting rid of it in favor of another e30, though.

Hey, do you live in Virginia? I know I've seen that car around, but maybe just online. A couple of my good friends are E30 guys.

Hey, do you live in Virginia? I know I've seen that car around, but maybe just online. A couple of my good friends are E30 guys.

Yeah, I live in Virginia. I'm in Blacksburg most of the year but was up in NoVA last year. Who are these E30 guys? I might have met them at meets or seen them on r3vlimited or e30tech.

There seems to be a lot of love on here for the E36 body styling, but I personally think the E46 cannot be beat. A triple black E46 with SMG transmission, some Dinan tweaks and HRE wheels is a dream of mine.

I think I'd turn down the new E92 M3 (I think the code is E92) and opt for an E46 even.

Yeah, I live in Virginia. I'm in Blacksburg most of the year but was up in NoVA last year. Who are these E30 guys? I might have met them at meets or seen them on r3vlimited or e30tech.

haha wow, that's crazy. small world. yeah i definitely have seen your car on vadriven and stuff. my friend's name with the E30 is tomgt325 - he's on r3v and e30tech. and i also knowhe used to have a flat black E30 with a white trunk, but he sold it and got an E36. then i know his friend rva e30 who works at bimmerworld in radford.

There seems to be a lot of love on here for the E36 body styling, but I personally think the E46 cannot be beat. A triple black E46 with SMG transmission, some Dinan tweaks and HRE wheels is a dream of mine.

I think I'd turn down the new E92 M3 (I think the code is E92) and opt for an E46 even.

The thing with the 3-series is that each model was a huge jump from it's predecessor. As time passed, it became larger, softer, and less performance oriented. 33 years later, the current 3 doesn't even fit the original idea of the car.

I'd say that the e36 fit the idea of a luxury/sports car very well. It was made with a conservative blend of luxury, but without too much of a compromise. The e46 is soft in comparison, while the e30 was a bit too hard. Perhaps this is why people who like the 3 are so fond of the e36 (myself included).

I understand what you mean about preferring the e46 M3 since the e46 and the e92 are so different. The e46 will certainly be remembered as the last 'real' 3-series.

Personally though, I would prefer the e90 335i. I like how it blends in as an everyday hoe-hum bimmer, but can outperform cars most people wouldn't expect it to. The new n54 engine is just spectacular. A couple thousand dollars for an ECU adapter and exhuast, and the car is faster than the new M3. Plus, the company is expected to offer a limited-slip differential as an option for the 1's and 3's soon (something they haven't done for 15 years).