Burberry Prorsum S/S 08

homme.homme

I like it, for the most part. I like how he's trying new fabrics and constructions, but some of it is just plain weird (neck cords for sunglasses and weird shaped/colored accessories and coats) and impossible to wear in real life, def runway pieces. I really like the black/gold stuff, especially the black no-collar with the gold Napoleon-esque accents, reminds me of McQueen from S/S 07 (I think). I'll def be snatching that when it hits the NY store. Does look very Slimane-like, yes, but I partially attribute that to Slimane leaving, and perhaps he wanted to try and get some of the DH following he had to become interested in BP more.

- Ben

Does look very Slimane-like, yes, but I attribute that to Slimane leaving, and perhaps he want to try and get some of the DH following he had to become interested in BP more.

- Ben

I'm sure the actual design process of this range was complete or very near completion

when Hedi's departure was announced. Seams like a very plausible theory but time wise I don't think that it's the case.

On another note, I dont know if I have just gotten more adventerous in the past month or what but I would probably wear most of this stuff and now really like it.

collection is not too cohesive though which bothers me.

It definitely lacks some kind of symmetry in color and construction. We have gold and blue and red and.. It's just a bit overwhelming. Hopefully these broad strokes will be refined in future collections.

That said, I really dig some of the pieces. A Hedi influnce is definitely there.

• 3 weeks later...

looked over this collection again, looked at the stuff that has come into stores so far and i fucking loveeeee this shittt...fuckkkk i wish prorsum didn't have such a high pricepoint and i'd be robokoppin almost everything...

the colors, cuts, and proportions are ALL on point. those glasses are pretty awesome too.

i think the collection is very fashion forward and luxurious while being fun and "hip" at the same time. plus, it's perfect for lanky ass motherfuckers like me.

plus, it's perfect for lanky ass motherfuckers like me.

This is a little off topic, but it got me thinking..

What do you think the "perfect body" is to wear the brands discussed on Sufu (Burberry, Dior Homme, Corpus, etc.)? The designers are obviously marketing towards the slinder folk, but what do you think is acceptable (and what isn't) to don a Slimane or Bailey outfit?