Stereotypes of a black males misunderstood: Is jmatsu really a racist?

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

look for the racism in the commercial next time you see one with a black person in it. ussually it will be something like a black guy second in line. or if there is a white guy in the commercial with a black guy they will imply that the white guy is richer than the black guy. If its a macdonald's commercial they will make it look like the black family is eatting at a really high upscale place implying that mac d'z is an upscale food resturaunt for black people. Oh and if its a dating service commercial they will never put a black guy with a white woman. There was a car commercial that had a white dude driving the car with a white chick passanger and a black dude in the back seat. I think it was an audi commercial or Volswagen commercal. Again implying that the black guy is NOT dating the white girl and that he is not as good as the white guy who is in the drivers seat, implying that the white guy is the owner of the car and not the black guy.

^^ lion thats because most of the industry itself is controlled by white people..but im not going to hate against them for it, because quite frankly i respect them for doing their own thing..

like i said, people are just pointing out the obvious, and as much as it hurts to see, its true about society.. The mcdonalds bid and the car bid i also think went a bit too far because im sure everybody eats at MC d's and many black men drive cars with their caucasin girlfriends.. I dont think that its racist..

its not like their saying "N" bombs after every sentence..i think they're just trying to show people, that this is what society has come to..

Plus, most of the channells we watch are controlled by the white community..but every other race has their own channels also.. If you BET, you'll see that the white guy is portrayed as the typical idiot..the white guy is usually the guy in the back seat and the black guy is with his black girlfriend..

so pretty much what im trying to say is we live in an alienated nation

i snowboard and inline skate..AND i used to skateboard and bmx..

but see, the thing is now is that once black people or anybody in general start to move out of the stereotype, they enter this world of being "white washed" which is another childish attempt at trying to garner attention..

ridiculous i tell you.. Its like whatever you do in this world, people will still disrespect you for it..regardless..

i'm not even going to bite like i usually do with this topic but:

a. sleazie, you're probably not a racist, you just said something that is

completely out of line. the cashier's apathy about the job has nothing to do with

her race, and if it was a white or asian person who hated the job they'd probably

have reacted the same way.

b. ichigo, ive known a lot of guys like you. you never really got indoctrinated with

typical ghetto black culture, and so, you now resort to asiaphilia and race-baiting

rightist rhetoric in order to find your place in a world where most blacks think you're

a disgrace, whites can't comprehend that you exist outside of the social norms they

construct for blacks, and asians appreciate the novelty of your dark skin. all i have

got to say to you is that while some of your points are valid, the reasoning behind it

is extremely poisoned- you're in dire fucking need of a sit-down with someone to teach

you some things.

Onemancult,

perhaps the way im explaining it is somewhat poisoned..you're not the first person to tell me that same comment.. I say valid things in a very harsh manner, but i do it so that people will understand that this is whats going on..

so as much as what i say is poisoned, that poison is in fact our society itself. So until people start to realize that oneman, im just gonna have to speak my two cents on it, regardless if others find it appealing or just plain old stupid..

I dont need somebody to really teach me anything, i find that everybody has their own ways of teaching, so during that process, things may end up being misconstuded, making that teaching no longer a teaching but moreso a tasteless comment.

I like to teach myself, become a cosmopolitan and learn from the things i see around me and break it down in ways so that i can fulfil its meaning rather than to hear this he say/she say bullshit that so often happens in todays world.. Now that may sound contradicting because if we dont listen to others, we dont learn.. BUT its WHO you listen to that really effects the outcome of how ur mentality works.

The world is a place full of misguided truth.. I cant let the words of others effect how i live my lifestyle..So those white people can think amongst themselves, and those asian people can admire my skin colour..but its my life and this is how i see it.. Im trying to look for a balance in life, as hard as that is, im defenitely trying to do it.. But i can truly admit that yes im a hypocrite, and yes some of the things i say come off as very belligerent, or even ignorant for that matter..some people cant do that..

completely out of line. the cashier's apathy about the job has nothing to do with

her race, and if it was a white or asian person who hated the job they'd probably

My statement was out of line for sure, and I realized that probably two seconds after I said it. It should've been more narrowly tailored to something along the lines of: "It's probably because she's just another apathetic teen that just don't give a fuck (which there are plenty of in this country)."

But it just didn't come out like that.

Whatever the intent of my statement was, there was something that was triggered in my brain that thought "Because she's a black teenage girl working at Jamba Juice, she probably doesn't really care about the cleanliness of her working environment as much as say if I were working the counter at Jamba Juice." But I'm going to give myself the benefit of the doubt, and say that in retrospect, what I said was based more on the fact that she was an apathetic teen that just so happened to be black, as opposed to just her blackness per se.

In any event, the only reason I started this thread was because the whole "Why black people where Bape" convo was fucking up WAYWT.

So let's lock this, smoke cigarettes (Marlboro if you're white, Newports if your black), watch forest gump, put on dope fits, photoshop 15 yr old fat kids with bad steez, sing kumbaya, and be done with it.

it has more to do with upbringing than race... youre not gonna see some bougie Jack and Jill type black person act ghetto like that. Likewise, a white person brought up in a ghetto will act as a product of their own environment.

Not saying that all people that grow up in the ghetto are ghetto, cuz im sure not lol, but it is hard to escape

i'm not even going to bite like i usually do with this topic but:

b. ichigo, ive known a lot of guys like you. you never really got indoctrinated with

typical ghetto black culture, and so, you now resort to asiaphilia and race-baiting

rightist rhetoric in order to find your place in a world where most blacks think you're

a disgrace, whites can't comprehend that you exist outside of the social norms they

construct for blacks, and asians appreciate the novelty of your dark skin. all i have

got to say to you is that while some of your points are valid, the reasoning behind it

is extremely poisoned- you're in dire fucking need of a sit-down with someone to teach

you some things.

100% cosign, even though you hate me haha

everything i know about black people i learned from cam'ron

the sad thing is that thats true to an extent (not for you in particular). i went to a mainly white high school, where many of the kids went to mainly white schools before that, and they do not know how to deal with/approach black people. Many of them base their opinions of black people on extreme stereotypes. I cant begin to tell you the ignorant comments ive heard throughout my years of HS.

btw im not saying its just whites, people from settings of mostly 1 race generally have trouble switching to an environment that is mainly compromised of another race