Stereotypes of a black males misunderstood: Is jmatsu really a racist?

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm not even going to bite like i usually do with this topic but:

a. sleazie, you're probably not a racist, you just said something that is

completely out of line. the cashier's apathy about the job has nothing to do with

her race, and if it was a white or asian person who hated the job they'd probably

have reacted the same way.

b. ichigo, ive known a lot of guys like you. you never really got indoctrinated with

typical ghetto black culture, and so, you now resort to asiaphilia and race-baiting

rightist rhetoric in order to find your place in a world where most blacks think you're

a disgrace, whites can't comprehend that you exist outside of the social norms they

construct for blacks, and asians appreciate the novelty of your dark skin. all i have

got to say to you is that while some of your points are valid, the reasoning behind it

is extremely poisoned- you're in dire fucking need of a sit-down with someone to teach

you some things.

COULDNT HAVE SAID IT BETTER MYSELF....ICHIGO I AM NOT ONE TO DISAGREE AS SOME OF YOUR POINTS ARE VALID HOWEVER IT IS NOT THE FACT THAT STEREOTYPES EXIST THAT IS THE PROBLEM IT IS THAT WHEN THEY ARE NOT EXPOSED TO BE JUST THAT PEOPLE BELIEVE THEM AND START TREATING THE INDIVIDUAL A CERTAIN WAY BASED ON THAT STEREOTYPE. BECAUSE ALTHOUGH YOU BMX AND SNOWBOARD OR WHATEVER YOU DO. WHEN CONFRONTED BY A TRUE RACIST YOU WILL STILL BE A NIGGA. PLAIN AND SIMPLE. EMBRACE THE FACT THAT NO MATTER WHAT YOU DO TO SOME PEOPLE YOU WILL ONLY EVER BE THAT AND IT WILL CHANGE THE WAY YOU LOOK AT THIS WHOLE ISSUE.

Furthermore regarding the black girl at jamba juice...she works there what did you expect her to do curse him out and tell him to leave. He was a customer and it the service industry as in retail the customer is always right and you cant do anything in that situation because if she reacted the guy could sue. So she was pretty smart and patient to wait on him and not treat him differently. so basically you are stereotyping her for not stereotyping that guy??

JustHala, Ive embraced the fact that im a black man.. what more do you want me to say? Im very proud of being a black man, theres no ifs ands or buts about that. The whole point of this was to show that stereotypes arent racist but in fact a true statement to that race in general.

Stereotypes dont create themselves, we create the stereotypes. Onemancult told me that the things i said were poisoned..and i replied saying that im not the poison, society is that poison..Im simply trying to be somewhat of the antidote. However, the society we live in is a disease infected vile and putrid one. Its an uncurable disease, and we people are the Aids. I can fully accept my black culture, but what people need to do is accept the fact that myself and many others not only of a coloured background are trying to make a difference by trying to escape the world of stereotypes and just prove that not ALL black men, or all asian men, or all white men live under the stereotypes that in fact affect our surroundings..

im a successful black man, a college graduate of the Arts..I have 2 college diplomas, one for 2d animation and another for 3d animation, and a Bachelors degree coming along within 4 years. Although some people may praise me for it, others of course will still be ignorant about it, but im not concerned about them..I'm just here to prove a point, and that point being that no matter the colour or background, u can be successfull and erase those stereotypes

stereotypes do not create themselves, and yes, there is a 'we' that creates stereotypes, but it isn't the group that is being stereotyped.

all psychoanalytic and sociological studies show that stereotypes are a result of one group projecting its fears, prejudices, and mythologies about another group onto that group. in effect, stereotypes function as a cage into which a once formidable 'enemy'

becomes a caricature that is easily laughed at and/or dealt with.

it isn't your duty to escape the world of stereotypes and leave the entire wealth of black experience to rot in the worst parts of america while you save yourself the trouble- a person's duty is to live their life as they see fit, however they choose to live it, and fully represent the richness of their background. your goal is to eradicate stereotypes, not evade them while others suffer under them. you live by example, and

you stand up not just for yourself, but for what you come from- which isn't at all the image of the diseased, uneducated, carrion masses that you seem to want to break away from.

onemancult,

you defenitely are a great example of an intellegent individual..people like you i can sit down and argue with and spit back valid points back at one another.. As i read that, a smile came over my face for some reason..

But yes, i clearly do agree with you in your last paragraph that i should live by example and not try to escape the bubble while others still live inside of it. I am living by example and i am proud of my culture.. But its not so much me escaping it, its moreso me trying to develop a way to get those who are still TRAPPED in that bubble to get them out..Instead of telling every single person out there, i try to display that through my successfull life so that they can look up to me and say you know, if he can do it.. or if she can do it, then I can do it regardless of the stereotypes that follow.

Thats all im simply trying to do oneman, ive already realized that you cant escape the harsh reality that we call earth, but what I CAN DO is potentially paint a clear image of how in order to see clearly, you must look through a lense of pain.

your last post really cleared things up, i think i have a better handle on what you're saying now.

out of curiosity, how old are you? you kind of remind me of myself a handful of years ago- i was saying similar things, making people have the same reactions, and then having to argue with them for a while before they realized we were aiming for the same goals, just from different perspectives.

i grew up where over 40% of the population is below the poverty line (which in this country is very modest by the way), and many of my friends and family went on to college and grad school etc to pursue bigger and better things. some of my friends are 'white' and grew up in the same environment, attended the same classes, and had similar upbringings as ours, and the result was more or less the same.

so i don't think this notion of 'ghetto' or a 'ghetto mentality' has much to do with it. to presume that all classified 'ghettos' are monolithic danger zones is pretty short-sighted on your part, sohoADDICT

edited for spelling

Onemancult,

Im 19, pretty young dude still, but im proud that ive garnered enough knowledge to keep myself moving in this world.. You know, you're right though, we all may come from the same path, but its the influences in our lives that change that path and end up giving us all different perspectives on what life is. We're all after one goal, but we all have different ways of reaching it.

i grew up where over 40% of the population is below the poverty line (which in this country is very modest by the way), and many of my friends and family went on to college and grad school etc to pursue bigger and better things. some of my friends are 'white' and grew up in the same enviornment, attending the same classes, and had overall similar upbringings to mine, and the result was more or less the same.

so i don't think this notion of 'ghetto' or a 'ghetto mentality' has much to do with it. to presume that all classified 'ghettos' are monolithic danger zones is pretty short-sighted on your part, sohoADDICT

Not saying that all people that grow up in the ghetto are ghetto, cuz im sure not lol, but it is hard to escape

did you see this portion of my post? my experience is quite the opposite as yours, a large percentage of students from my area end up HS dropouts, do not attend college, etc. like i said, people are not ALWAYS a product of their environment, but it is generally hard not to be.

Guest jmatsu
YES black people do shoot and kill people, we eat fried chicken, we love watermelons and enjoy cookouts.

QUOTE]

not at strawberry 100%:

seriously, besides shooting/killing people (well most of the time), i don't see any problems with the other "stereotypes." i'm not black, but i don't see why this would be insulting... wtf is wrong with loving fried chicken, juicy watermelons and pork ribs at a cookout? fucking good times.

fuckthe japs love their sushi, and ramen, frogs love their wine and cheese, and those fucking wops love their pasta, milspex and homme2 probably eat kangaroos medium rare... who gives a fuck?

sensitive bleeding lefties...

i guess i also shouldn't assume that raccoons love digging through my garbage or that monkeys adore climbing trees/eating bananas.

that soho bitch dresses like 100 other stupid black men who are on the dick of a ridiculous brand that has totally made assholes out of the media, mad celebritites and the 100 other (or so) stupid black men i just mentioned.

i still think that he adheres to and enforces a "negative" "stereotype" of the black american male dress and fashion-sensibility. and this one is not "fucking good times." i feel this to be a distateful and particularly mindless. he probably thinks it's acceptable/hip, but he's 17 and ALL 17 year old's are generally stupid.

it has more to do with upbringing than race... youre not gonna see some bougie Jack and Jill type black person act ghetto like that. Likewise, a white person brought up in a ghetto will act as a product of their own environment.

Not saying that all people that grow up in the ghetto are ghetto, cuz im sure not lol, but it is hard to escape

100% cosign, even though you hate me haha

Did you seriously just mention that broke ass brand?

SHIT IS BUSTED.

COULDNT HAVE SAID IT BETTER MYSELF....ICHIGO I AM NOT ONE TO DISAGREE AS SOME OF YOUR POINTS ARE VALID HOWEVER IT IS NOT THE FACT THAT STEREOTYPES EXIST THAT IS THE PROBLEM IT IS THAT WHEN THEY ARE NOT EXPOSED TO BE JUST THAT PEOPLE BELIEVE THEM AND START TREATING THE INDIVIDUAL A CERTAIN WAY BASED ON THAT STEREOTYPE. BECAUSE ALTHOUGH YOU BMX AND SNOWBOARD OR WHATEVER YOU DO. WHEN CONFRONTED BY A TRUE RACIST YOU WILL STILL BE A NIGGA. PLAIN AND SIMPLE. EMBRACE THE FACT THAT NO MATTER WHAT YOU DO TO SOME PEOPLE YOU WILL ONLY EVER BE THAT AND IT WILL CHANGE THE WAY YOU LOOK AT THIS WHOLE ISSUE.

I do not enjoy riding bmx or snowboarder...but thanks for reminding me that I'm a nigger so obviously I should feel inferior when someone calls me that!

2d animation degree? WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT? You went to colleg to learn how 2 DRAW?

I wasnt referring to you but if i must...i could care less how you feel when someone calls you that...the point i was making is that stereotypes are all fun and games til someone uses them against you.

how utterly pointless...my fault for engaging you.

I'm sorry...I just can't register that this is serious.

This thread just shows that sufu needs to remain politics and religion free.

whoops. i glazed over those not's. i stand corrected.

lol, its all good

and westside, jack and jill is a "community service" organization primarily made up of blacks, pretty much a black country club lol.

and LMAO @ jmatsu seeing 1 of my fits and deciding my whole style based on that.im not even on bapes dick i own 2 tees and 2 pairs of kicks- it makes up a very small percentage of my wardrobe