Kids + Money

triniboy27

i dont know why the girl with the orange hair says her hair costs so much to get cut cause it sucks....going to these houses and frollicing through the feilds hehe...

i think im missing out

the poor kids in the video seemed way cooler/smarter to chill with..

though i have a insatiable desire to go fuck some of those jailbait princesses in their multi-million dollar mansions while their family is bound and gag-balled and forced to watch just so i could put some perspective on their skewed and self-righteous worldviews

First, I thought all those kids are shot... I wouldn't hang out with any of them. Except maybe Alyssa.

Second, Alyssa's hot.

Third, I can relate to the kids that had money and don't. My brother was pretty rich about two years ago, and I cut into his business and made some money of my own. I used to buy $170 jeans and $100 hoodies and take out sometimes $80 a day from the ATM to spend on food or something stupid. Now I live on under $20 a month. There is no business so we shut down, my brother is trying to run a business and now realizes he has to go to college. I'm trying to work up my grades because I though I could live on the money I was making forever, which was such an insignificant ammount, as I soon learned. I guess my life is not comparable to some, and I still live decently comfortable. Of course, I much preferred it when I had good money, but due to stupid purchases and lack of judgement, I'm here with no money.

+ rep. thanks for sharing, very interesting and well made video, i'd like to see more of this type of stuff posted on sufu.

this vid definitely makes me somewhat more aware of the insane amounts of dough I spend on clothing, I'm currently at a point where I think I have everything I need so I plan to take a break from clothes shopping anyways. For summer in NYC I think it'll be more about surviving the heat rather than looking good anyways so I'll probably pass on the Raf Simons gladiator sandals that I've been eyeing :) . once again thx for sharing the vid

Rich kids don't really bother me, it's rich kids who define their existence with that wealth. I know some pretty chill LA / San Diego kids who are rich as fucking hell and still decent folks, and I know some who are total twats, and the main difference seems to be their relation to their parents money. The ones who seem to think they deserve or earned or expect that wealthy are generally complete assholes.

The ones who seem to understand how gifted they are to have the money, whether they spend it absurdly or not, are generally pretty cool.

yeah, looking back 10+ years I definitely feel much more guilty about when I used to ask my parents to buy me $25-$75 Polo Ralph Lauren and Tommy Hilfiger shirts and jackets when I was in middle school/early HS than now when I have recently spent more than $500 on a Dior or Raf piece with money that I have earned myself. kids who think money comes from a bottomless well need to get some sense into them quick (before they become adult douchebags)!

moral of teh story: sufu-ers arent the highest on the spending chain. some kids spend 4 figures on clothing items?? (ridiculous?!)

i liked the documentary but i felt a bit empty after watching it. i was hoping for more, maybe a real peer into some of the lives of these fortune 500 kids they were labeling? knowing a couple people from harvard westlake, the school isnt like that at all as how that kid is making it look like. the houses are big but not THAT big. the few people i know are pretty down to earth and it isnt as exclusive as the jewish kid is trying to make it seem.

The ones who seem to understand how gifted they are to have the money, whether they spend it absurdly or not, are generally pretty cool.

agree, or at least no more or less so than your average kid

i think its annoying, though, b/c the times does this shit all the time - acts as though the spending habits of the top .05% or whatever somehow represent an out of control trend

they advertise the biggest of the big ticket items in their pages, and then act shocked that rich people buy them

^^ well, he is Jewish...

Jokes aside, I watched this video when they posted it up on Hypebeast. I found it interesting, but I also felt that same emptiness as you did hollaforadolla. I supose I was expecting more, but it was nice to see different perspectives. I didn't think people spent $fourdigits for a fucking bag.

MiniW, I know what you mean about having your parents spend money on some clothes while you were a kid; I had mine do that and they weren't even good pieces, all garbage that had no kind of fit and I don't wear anymore. I feel bad about being gay with those clothes.

the association between expensive luxury/fashion foward/high-end clothing and social status is, for the most part, pretty over due. thats kind of the blessing/curse behind it -- anyone can get involved. not that luxury brands arent marketed towards people of wealth, obviously they are. and people still make the association all the time. but 100$ hoodies? even 1000-2000-5000$ jackets are a fucking joke compared to a 1million dollar beach house, or 100K car. so i wouldnt feel too bad about buying raf sandels...except for the fact that theyre ugly as hell.

i actually find rich assholes pretty amussing as long as theyre funny. like nicole richie, she's funny as hell. the ones who are all humble about it are fucking pussies.