Dungaree cut denim?

superBobo

I´ve been thinking about getting a pair of jeans in a dungaree cut (big back and front pockets, and some tool pockets, straight and wide cut), something thats not the standard 5 pocket cut.

Are there any nice stuff in this style, with a bit better denim (and perhaps not super baggy) than say carhartt or Key? Warehouse have probably done some I would guess and that Blue bell wrangler pant... EG perhaps?

Well, I havent seen any fit pics of them... They look nice though, but ALD feels a bit "too much" imo, with all the diffferent colored seams, and the pocket designs... I´m thinking about something more "authentic". That said, I would probably get the ALDS if they where decently priced.

Well, I havent seen any fit pics of them... They look nice though, but ALD feels a bit "too much" imo, with all the diffferent colored seams, and the pocket designs... I´m thinking about something more "authentic". That said, I would probably get the ALDS if they where decently priced.

Check out www.drytillyoudie.nl ... They are 98EUR at the moment, 11 or 14oz...

well, why not?

Im interested in historic and vintage work wear, and dungaree cuts seems to been widly popular in the 40s and 50s. So If i can find something in that style, with nice denim, whats not to like? I like how they look, even though they might not be a flattering Dior cut...

My 501 33s are probably my favourite jeans, and they are far from flattering...hehe.

• 1 year later...

Since the rise of workwear popularity around these parts, maybe time for a bump.

Anyone wear trad. carpenter pants? Or still just 5-pocket jeans? I have since the op collected quite a bunch of different carpenter pants, and really love the basic cut (very straight, boxy, high rise, loose) and the details (additional pockets actually come in handy).

So, favourites, opinions, pics?

Since the rise of workwear popularity around these parts, maybe time for a bump.

Anyone wear trad. carpenter pants? Or still just 5-pocket jeans? I have since the op collected quite a bunch of different carpenter pants, and really love the basic cut (very straight, boxy, high rise, loose) and the details (additional pockets actually come in handy).

So, favourites, opinions, pics?

Have you seen the amazing Warehouse Lee dungaree pants, posted by Fardin?

http://ameblo.jp/wh-archives/

Lee were always the leader in carpenter pants - still seem to be, when you're in the mid West...

^^yea,actually they made me remember this post. Amazing pants.

Speaking of Lee carpenters, I have a vintage pair in a mid blue one wash, with those huge back pockets (simliar in style to the duck pants in the lee blog, without a yoke), and the small white lee tag on the left pockets. Pics will follow, perhaps someone can help me date them.

uuugh. Carpenter pants? Why would you ever want to own those? Carpenter pants are what retards wear who's mother shops for them. If you do decide to get a pair, don't forget the Velcro shoes and the XXL tshirt from old navy.