What is so great about Supreme?

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a street brand that's been around for long without loosing its niche appeal and connection to various cultural activities peripheral to the lifestyle they're representing. I don't think it is very good design per se but the emotional payoff buyers get from it is way higher than what they get from other brands with similar designs. Their price points at retail are relatively low so comparing their stuff to say Chalayan and saying it's shit (well duh!) is beside the point.

I don’t wear it and it doesn’t really impress me but I can see the appeal; clothes have a lot of signifiers attached to them and for certain people Supreme knows how to push the right buttons.

If you have to ask, then you don't know where its been and whats it's done for a multitude of things: skate, fashion, art, and culture to name a few.

Why don't you enlighten me, then, since I obviously don't know? To a newb like me, it just looks like random t-shirts with a lot of branding on it. Honestly, it's not like there's a FAQ on Supreme that I can just go up and read about. You'd have a right to be presumptuous if there was something I could just read about and become knowlegable, but there's not.

It is all about the branding. The instant recognition your stupid white shirt will get is well worth the money! (and it will also serve as a signifier that you belong to a certain consumer subculture, which is really the idea)

It is all about the branding. The instant recognition your stupid white shirt will get is well worth the money! (and it will also serve as a signifier that you belong to a certain consumer subculture, which is really the idea)

exactly.

by wearing a small red box logo emblazened on your chest, youre showing everyone you walk by (who's into the same subculture you are or at the very least, aware of the subculture) that youre "in".

supreme bags are killer.

everythings been said

but it boils down to a few things

exclusivity : only other major street brand as exclusive is BAPE, but that is played out in Asia, and design keeps slipping

pricepoint : a little high, but fair.. its only resellers that jack shit up. Re-sold supreme shit may still be cheaper than BAPE

skate/street cred : sefl-explantory, a brand with a backstory

creative collabs : some of the most hyped up shoes EVER

good artists : supreme comissions good artists to do creative projects

cut & sew : few "streetwear" brands do it as well

alot of their stuff is hit or miss, but when they hit, the shit is fire

There is nothing that separates their clothing from any other stuff that is made fun of unless I'm missing something.

theyre usually the ones starting the "trends" that other streetwear companies pic up on.

Why don't you enlighten me, then, since I obviously don't know? To a newb like me, it just looks like random t-shirts with a lot of branding on it. Honestly, it's not like there's a FAQ on Supreme that I can just go up and read about. You'd have a right to be presumptuous if there was something I could just read about and become knowlegable, but there's not.

maybe this?

and:

192i1pierce1gz6.jpg

it's a NEW WORLD ORDER, and BOX TEE'S will DIVIDE AND CONQUER. So STICK TO YOUR GUNS, W)TAPS - BY ANY MEANS NECESSARY, and FIGHT THE POWER cos you're GONNA GET YOURS and so what if THEY HATE US / WE HATE THEM. It TAKES A NATION OF MILLIONS for that REGIME CHANGE - got to overcome the EVIL EMPIRE cos SOMEONE TALKED! It might be a BLUE MONDAY, but it ain't ILLEGAL BUSINESS or a DEAD PRESIDENT. There may be NO FUTURE, but it's still SUPREME4LIFE...

A LOVE SUPREME.

SUCK MY CUNT.

heh. I could go on, but its back to werk...

it's a NEW WORLD ORDER, and BOX TEE'S will DIVIDE AND CONQUER. So STICK TO YOUR GUNS, W)TAPS - BY ANY MEANS NECESSARY, and FIGHT THE POWER cos you're GONNA GET YOURS and so what if THEY HATE US / WE HATE THEM. It TAKES A NATION OF MILLIONS for that REGIME CHANGE - got to overcome the EVIL EMPIRE cos SOMEONE TALKED! It might be a BLUE MONDAY, but it ain't ILLEGAL BUSINESS or a DEAD PRESIDENT. There may be NO FUTURE, but it's still SUPREME4LIFE...

A LOVE SUPREME.

SUCK MY CUNT.

heh. I could go on, but its back to werk...

are you serious

Most of their stuff is pretty ugly, like the box caps. Some of it looks ok, mainly the bags and t's, but the price is hard to justify.

price isnt bad at all. in fact, thats mostly why i buy supreme. shirts are only about $30 retail. unfortunately however, the prices are slowly creeping upwards. last time i was there (christmas 05) the shirts were only 27 from what i can remember.

I dont wear supreme but I'm not a hater. I definately can appreciate alot of there shit. It's big with the scensters and the wannabe skaters but everything good is gonna get blown up eventually. If it was more readily available in Australia I would definately own a few pieces. Dudes who are decked out in full supreme outfits all the time are pretty wacked but I'm sure alot think the same about dudes and DH.

A good brand in my eyes just not neccesarily my thing - that said can anyone here hook me up with a box cap on the cheap??