cureOne

usa :: portland :: general

going to be in portland 15-17 July if anyone is around for some beers or something.

@CBM hit me up i'll be moving next month, i should be settled by then. if anyone wants to join us / show us around feel free!

Lets organize a proper meet-up. If you guys wanna pick a day and time to come through Tanner Goods, I'll have beers at the ready.

Sounds good! I can do either the 15th or 16th of July. Have no real plans while I am there apart from a couple of stores, restaurants, etc that I want to check out.

i'm in.

in other news about to eat organic free range craft whatever at woodsman tavern tonight.

in other news about to eat organic free range craft whatever at woodsman tavern tonight.

disappointing.

half chicken, fries, duck nuggets. gf got pork chop and some salad thing. and devised eggs. fries were good. beer too. rest was meh. not bad but you can do way better for the price. and the seats were really uncomfortable.

Ready for the chalkboard, rustic, edison bulb vibe to take a backseat and let the food do the talking.

still haven't been to Woodsman... reviews from my friends are usually quite mixed.

Anyone hit up Ned Ludd? So proper... cooks everything in a giant wood fired oven but no pizza.

So good!

How do you all like living in Portland?

What are pros and cons? Anyone living near OHSU?

i love it here. it's small, but hugely enjoyable. friendly people, good food with plenty of farmers markets and sources for buying produce/meat directly from farms. great sense of community, easy access to the outdoors/hiking/camping/skiing. i moved here ("trendy" nw 23rd area) from san francisco and i think i like it more here. also, my dad lives up by ohsu and it's beautiful up there. i'll be moving in with him this summer to save money for my travels, so we'll see how i like being a bit further further from the action.

i've seen portland on several "best places to live in the world" lists, with a few first place finishes.

some people can't get past the "fixie riding hipsters," but those are the shallow fuckers that don't actually get to know them.

Living on the south east side is pretty nice. A lot of character in the neighborhoods.

Went to sunshine tavern last night, solid gastropub foods, had upright 4 on tap which is a tasty belgian wheat ale.

Heading to Portland for 5 days in July. Heard lots of people suggesting to get a bike when I'm there but all the hire places are at least $100 for a week. Any suggestions for a frugal traveller?

Fly into Portland tomorrow afternoon, and cannot wait.

You guys still up for the meet-up? Maybe tomorrow night or Monday?

Edited by CBM

I'm looking for a high quality tailor to take in the waist and taper a pair of raw chinos? Anybody have any reccomendations as to who I might seek?

there was an impromptu meetup a few days ago. sup to the tanner dudes who came into my store (not sure which people correspond to which usernames but i know yalls are on here)

^what he said

We're having a launch party for our new Tanner Goods FW12 collection. Lets have a proper meet up. Date is September 7th! Be there or be square.