Breaking in Pre-Washed Jeans (My first denim project)

that's actually really fucking funny.

The internet is serious fuckin business, this is the one chance you get to have some fun.

Damn, why is everyone here (Not everyone, and thank you if you're not.) giving me a hard time about the jeans? Bona Drag, edmond, notesee, Did I not state my question clearly enough for you? Maybe it's time to take some classes in reading comprehension; I was trying to do something creative (at least for me) and I came here for advice, and people are bitching and crying everywhere. And not giving me reason besides the fade looking fake. Well thanks for stating the obvious. This is pissing me off... Forget I ever asked anything. Thank you for everyone who helped me.

Don't take it to heart kiddo, this is the initiation that we all go through. Now pull your ugly pre faded jeans down and bend over, for the best part of the process.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what is said "superdenim"

and how do you figure that many people don't buy designer denim when this is a forum dedicated to designer denim?

no offense, but there are things you should always do before posting on message boards. trust me, im pretty new here too, but you gotta know proper manners when you come to places like these. don't ask obvious questions, don't demand answers, don't infer that designer denim isn't common, etc. etc.

just trying to help.

and btw, if the tags are still on the jeans... you can return them maybe? if so, get your money back, go to your local Bob's store, buy a pair of Levi's 501 Shrink-To-Fit jeans. these are the most common example of raw denim. They are classic straight cut, not too slim, and always in style. they'll usually run you between $30 and $50 depending on how overpriced bob's is getting. wear them for 6 months. do everything in them; the more blood, sweat, and tears the better. 6 months come and they don't look properly broken, wear them for another 6 months. and so on and so forth. if they get stanky, throw them in the tub, let them sit for 2 hours (depends on if you want them to shrink or not). they will soften up, you just keep wearing them. denim is as denim does, and you will be happier if you get denim that you know you control.

even before i knew i wore raw, i wore raw. i only wore 501's and lee's until i discovered the whole fashion about a year ago. its not a problem that you were not aware of it, the problem here is you failed to recognize essential information before you jumped to a conclusion. so do yourself a favor, either return, or resell those A&F jeans. go out to bob's, or if you wanna up the anti and be a little more "cutting edge" go to H&M and buy raw Sliq's (tighter, more taper than 501's, stretch out a lot). if you have the money, buy yourself some nudies, whatever you want. just get the facts before you go and do something like.. oh lets say this thread.

welcome to superfuture :)

This forum isn't a representation of the general population, it's just a small minority, and I'm sure there are other forums but what percentage of people do you think actually own designer jeans? 10%? Less?. But I don't want to argue this any further.

Anyways, To the point, I have some Sliqs from H&M, I don't think they are raw though. And 501's aren't slim enough for me. (I like my jeans slim) Not Skin tight, but like the Levis 514s? How much are the sliqs from H&M anyways, I didn't buy my pair.

This forum isn't a representation of the general population, it's just a small minority, and I'm sure there are other forums but what percentage of people do you think actually own designer jeans? 10%? Less?. But I don't want to argue this any further.

Anyways, To the point, I have some Sliqs from H&M, I don't think they are raw though. And 501's aren't slim enough for me. (I like my jeans slim) Not Skin tight, but like the Levis 514s? How much are the sliqs from H&M anyways, I didn't buy my pair.

designer jeans can entail anything really. levi's are designer for the express reason that there is a name on them. yes, the raw/selvage denim market is a microcosm of the denim market as a whole, but honestly, A&F isn't designer? please.

anyways, my sliq's were $40. you gotta usually size down 1 in them for slim slim. if you want SKINNY jeans, i'll suggest you go for something like APC New Standard or New Cures.

I'm getting the feeling that you're some 16 yr old or something. Its not a bad thing or anything.

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=3526&page=245

Check that thread out, its got some before and after pics of what happens to a sort of more "true" break-in and fade.

And if you can, pay the $100+ coz you'll find its definitely worth it. the quality of denim exponentially increases versus the increase in price (in terms of most raw japanese or selvedge denim)

Nope, it's just to get honeycombs, And even that in itself is unique, superdenim is extremely rare, you don't see many people even getting designer denim. So Something like homebrewed (If i may say the word) honeycombs is still uncommon.

First off what would you consider "designer denim"? If by that you mean Japanese denim or reproduction denim then you are way off base I would say the majority of people that post anything worth listening to on Superfuture have a few beautiful pairs of jeans that most could not even begin to understand.

Secondly if you the 501s don't fit size down.

Not doing it...

But you can do this...nice honeycombs..

180px-Stihl_kettensaege.jpg

I hate repeating myself - but I woke up this morning - and this thread was still there..

Okay - do the above - make urself some nice honeycombs or shorts - and invest in some raw denims...

^ I think he realises that now!

The time that you'd have to spent in the A&F jeans to even get anywhere pretty much dooms your project from the beginning.

Get APC new cures (very skinny), they only cost like $120USD approx. but they aren't selvedge (most skinny denim aren't).

^ I think he realises that now!

The time that you'd have to spent in the A&F jeans to even get anywhere pretty much dooms your project from the beginning.

Get APC new cures (very skinny), they only cost like $120USD approx. but they aren't selvedge (most skinny denim aren't).

Are there any skinny denim that are selvege, but not rediculously priced??

First off what would you consider "designer denim"? If by that you mean Japanese denim or reproduction denim then you are way off base I would say the majority of people that post anything worth listening to on Superfuture have a few beautiful pairs of jeans that most could not even begin to understand.

Secondly if you the 501s don't fit size down.

Premium denim. Selvedge, some kind of mythical brand (In the eyes of most people) something like that. :P

I'm getting the feeling that you're some 16 yr old or something. Its not a bad thing or anything.

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=3526&page=245

Check that thread out, its got some before and after pics of what happens to a sort of more "true" break-in and fade.

And if you can, pay the $100+ coz you'll find its definitely worth it. the quality of denim exponentially increases versus the increase in price (in terms of most raw japanese or selvedge denim)

I like those "Imperials" Skiniks has. How much do those go for? Something that fits similar to the ones he has on?

designer jeans can entail anything really. levi's are designer for the express reason that there is a name on them. yes, the raw/selvage denim market is a microcosm of the denim market as a whole, but honestly, A&F isn't designer? please.

anyways, my sliq's were $40. you gotta usually size down 1 in them for slim slim. if you want SKINNY jeans, i'll suggest you go for something like APC New Standard or New Cures.

Woah... How do sliqs compare to Levis or ANF Slim straights? Because I'm going to NYC in a weeks, and I hear they have an H&M flagship over there, I might go and check them out if they are as slim or a bit slimmer than the ones mentioned above.

Woah... How do sliqs compare to Levis or ANF Slim straights? Because I'm going to NYC in a weeks, and I hear they have an H&M flagship over there, I might go and check them out if they are as slim or a bit slimmer than the ones mentioned above.

sliq's are slim compared to levi's 501's. they are tighter in the thigh and are tapered at the bottoms (leg opening). i cannot compare to any AnF because I have never A) stepped foot in AnF B) would not be caught dead wearing AnF C) c'mon, its Abercrombie & Fitch.

my advice would be to try on all the different styles they have at H&M, they have slim, tight, straight, baggy, bootcut, flare, etc. not all come in raw, but raw sliq's are good for really any weather occasion. i just soaked mine the other day, unfortunately i hadn't worn them for a couple of days so the combs were a little on the weak side.

• 8 months later...