Blazer fit....sleeves, length

vvoc

i just ordered a blazer from thick as thieves and was wondering, what do you guys prefer for sleeve length and overall blazer length? id prob only wear the blazer with jeans and such so it wont be for business.... should i get longer sleeves and and shorter blazer? i told him 28" length and 22.5" from my shoulder to wrist...

i only ask because i saw digital denims april 77 blazer and really like the long sleeves look...makes it look a lot more casual...opinions?

2-7.jpg

Insidertrading's fit on the suit jacket is perfect, about 1-2 cms of the shirt cuff showing. The cut is impeccable.

I think that if you are going to be wearing a blazer/suit jacket for casual (i.e. with jeans), you can play around with the sleeve length to see what works for you. Depends on the cut of the blazer, if its going to be a 1 or 2 button cropped blazer then a longer sleeve length can also work like on digital denims.

Suit sleeves should always be shorter than shirt sleeves, especially on a Thick as Thieves suit, which is meant to fit more along the lines of 60s mod wear. Digi's April 77 is an exception because the jacket is a drastically different style and the sleeves are tight all the way to the end.

In general, it's just considered more attractive to look like you well proportioned arms, which requires that you have wrists. A suit jacket with sleeves too long will make you look dwarfed. It's kind of accepted that you should always have a half inch of shirt cuff showing, though of course you can break that rule if it's pulled off well (i.e. Digi). I think insidertrading's sleeves are too long, personally.

• 1 year later...
new question,

is slimming the sleeves out on a blazer a difficult job?

i just got a blazer that fits alright, but the sleeves are too full.

i believe what you are referring to is having the sleeves taken in. taking out would be making them bigger not slim (just so you know what to ask for). taking in sleeves is not a difficult job for any "experienced" tailor. have them go all the way to the underarm when pinning the fit for you.

Traditionally the length of the suit jacket is supposed to be at your second knuckle.
just make sure the jacket covers your ass, this is important

1/2 inch of cuff showing on the sleeve is perfect

would that imply that insider's jacket length is too short by like 6 inches?

dont wear blazers with jeans unless you know what youre doing

seriously

Somebody give me photos of people who know what they're doing (cough: Leonard Leroy /cough)

everytime I see blazer + jeans, I see a sloppy, wanna-be fit that I want to punch in the face repeatedly.