falling out of love with your jeans :a single tear:

have you ever fallen out of love with your jeans?

it happened to me with ralf. i ended up selling him. i've felt pangs of regret, but seldom.

same goes for acne mics. i used to love 'em, but i had to sell 'em. never wore them much. made me feel slutty.

sometimes a pair of jeans will move to the backburner. my hawaiis and my s5000bk are starting to be rotated out in favor of my ryukyuai and suminandos. still hot and heavy with 811s.

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never..I still love them - and sometimes I take out an old pair and wear it for a couple of hours..

They are like my babies - grown up - but never forgotten.

I don't even think about selling them - my precous....

man, i never get rid of jeans. i can't get rid of my old uniqlo jeans and guess jeans that i got a long time ago before i discovered the truth. they represent a different time for me and are just as valid as my pbj's or sugarcanes.

i stil have a couple pairs of redlines that i never wear. i still have the cotton duck workpants that i got from cheep that i have never worn.

don't know, the amount i would get from selling a pair isn't enough for me to let go of a part of my denim family, no matter how little attention they get.

i think it happened with me and my apc ns. was really excited in the beginning: the low rise, the tight fit, the sheen and how easily it faded.

but then i gave it a first wash -- and it faded way too much.

i guess it was kind of like dating a girl for few months and you finally went all the way with her. and it wasn't anything like you were hoping for. :(

bleh.

but i still have it.

if i leave them, i never loved them in the first place.

well... except one... my canes... but they went to a very good home, to someone who will treat them better than i did.(or at least not stretch out the crotch as much)

Second the latter..

They have a good place...even went out last night ...enjoyed a BBQ and some fire..

Maybe within a year from now I'll sell them back to you, for , say 80 $ ...and then another 12 months - I'll buy them off of you again...

They'd be flying between the continents...what a great life for 45's...

:cool:

Funny ..diary of a Jeans....maybe we should start a who's were they first and where did they travel to, book

yeah, that's a great idea! every owner gets the jeans for something like 3 months or so...

we can document where we take the jeans, what we do with them, etc....

i'd be interested in those redlines, myself...

anyway, i felt a slight twinge when i started cannibalizing my diesel rabox to repair my eternals and samurais----especially after i'd gotten a decent fade out of them. the diesels themselves had been patched using a pair of gitano jeans that i found in the woods. someone must have fell out of love with their gitanos, i guess...

right... the 45s came from you, and miz's jeans were part of the deal.

yup, that and the big yank selvage jacket. love that jacket. the 45s were something i would totally wear if i didn't trade with you, but was glad when i saw them aging really well. now that they're in beatle's hands, even better. :)

yeah, that's a great idea! every owner gets the jeans for something like 3 months or so...

we can document where we take the jeans, what we do with them, etc....

size 30w, unite!

i'd be interested in those redlines, myself...

anyway, i felt a slight twinge when i started cannibalizing my diesel rabox to repair my eternals and samurais----especially after i'd gotten a decent fade out of them. the diesels themselves had been patched using a pair of gitano jeans that i found in the woods. someone must have fell out of love with their gitanos, i guess...

but another way to look at it, is that your diesels now live on with your favorite jeans, instead of dying away without a cause.

. the diesels themselves had been patched using a pair of gitano jeans that i found in the woods. someone must have fell out of love with their gitanos, i guess...

the first time - but just now you've scared me,,,,

:eek:

DDML to be honest what i can't believe is that you sold off your ralfs...

my apcs are faded decently but the denim is worn paper-thin on them and the knees feel terrible. but i still haven't gotten rid of them; i don't believe i will. just took them off their hanger and folded them up, i think i will store them away where they will be safe and a good reminder of my folly---

^^^ hmmm.

i think we should start fresh with a new pair of jeans. that way we can properly document from start to the present. we could do this after the end of the first contest and before the start of the second contest? also, we can keep the time period to one month, so it's not a huge commitment. that way we could have more personalities involved....

anyone interested?

the 30 and 31 fit almost the same in the waist, but the 31 are much more relaxed in the legs.

i have not washed them tho, as i never really wear them. maybe after a good hot wash they will tighten up.

miz, im definatly interested.

any 30w wanna break in some ande whalls for 3 months?
if i go on a diet, i know i can fit into size 30.

this might be getting interesting. aren't beatle and ddml both 30w, too?

my apcs are faded decently but the denim is worn paper-thin on them and the knees feel terrible. but i still haven't gotten rid of them; i don't believe i will. just took them off their hanger and folded them up, i think i will store them away where they will be safe and a good reminder of my folly---

i feel you.