boat shoes discussion

hakim

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks, israel. I saw those and would consider buying them if i could find them in a 10.5 and i didn't find the black patent ones. Black boat shoes or even the silver ones (impossible i think because i don't think they made 10.5s in those) are kinda needed for the weather here

Guest jmatsu

deck1.jpg

deck2.jpg

"Perfect for the Summer months, our Alden Cape Cod Boat Shoes are unlike most other boat shoes. They are comfortably lined with supple leather linings and have a supportive leather insole. "

http://www.albamclothing.com/product.aspx?productid=107

Hand sewn near Maine on the Eastern seaboard, in one of the last remaining hand sewing factories. In a weatherproof Chromexcel leather that only gets better with wear, hand cut leather laces and a rubber deck shoe sole.

£135. Seem a bit pricey but look lush.

• 2 weeks later...

BoO for Sperry FW08 is looking interesting.

rtemagiccsperrytopsiderfo6.jpg

8d1d26d46ffl1.jpg

ac251c84f2io1.jpg

e35cd0fdaalp0.jpg

I'm surprised the boots are a sperry collabo also, wonder what the pricepoint is going to be like. Not sure I like the metal hardware on the boat shoe if they keep a low profile sole on it though.

i got my sperry top sider authentics a week ago and i've worn them about three times while riding my bike. they now have cage(bike pedal) dents underneath my soles and some parts of the leather are beginning to look like suede. one of my eyelets are bent too.

the quality of them sucks.

my sebago docksides which i got 3 months ago are still looking pretty healthy with minor nicks.

Go try them on at the mall or something if you're that curious. Not like boat shoes are rare or anything